Chapter Fourteen

Abby's P.O.V

A surge of electricity goes through my body as Scott holds me protectively in his arms.

I look up into his beautiful eyes and gasp in shock. He looks so innocent as he grins down at me. This is probably the most cliché moment I've ever had before. I can just imagine what would happen next: he'd lean down and kiss me passionately and we'd live happily ever after. But that's not exactly how my life works.

"You act like stupidity is a virtue for you," he says as his grin turns into an evil smirk.

"If you're g-gonna b-be a smartass," I say shoving him so that I can stand up. "First you h-have to be smart. Otherwise y-you're just an ass."

I'm about to stand up but before I have the chance I feel a strong arm wrapping around my waist. I fall back on to Scott's hard chest and tense up when I feel his breath near my ear.

"That wasn't very nice," he whispers into my ear. I can feel his lips brush against my ear and my heart nearly implodes. "I think you should apologize."

"And I-if I d-don't?" I manage to breathe out the question.

"Then I'll just have to punish you," he says before I feel his soft lips touch the back of my neck. I have to bite my lip to keep from moaning.

"Um, still here." I jump out of Scott's grasp quickly and stand up. I look over towards the doorway and see Liam standing there smirking. I swear, he and Scott have nearly the exact same smirk.

"W-what're you guys d-doing here?" I ask looking back and forth between them. Scott is still sitting on the floor looking a little bewildered. Last time I heard Scott was supposed to be going home for the weekend and Liam was going with him. So I was pretty happy to think that I was going to get some me-time.

"My parents want you to have dinner with us on Sunday," Scott says standing up and walking over towards me. "So we're gonna have to dress you up like a guy."

"What? Why?" I am not dressing up like a guy.

"If you know my mom you'd understand," Scott says pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm not asking much of you."

"Y-yes you are," I say tolling my eyes. "I'm not going to act like the opposite gender f-for one n-night just to amuse your p-parents."

"I'll pay you," he says standing up straighter.

"How much?" I can't believe I'm even considering this.

"Five."

"Five dollars?"

"Five thousand," he says rolling his eyes.