four - burger king

SATURDAY • MARCH 14, 2015 

Sofia looked around the filthy place, glaring at everyone who stared at her weirdly for wearing what she was wearing - something a little too fancy for Burger King. She wanted to stand up and demand everyone to shut up, or tell them to keep their eyes away, or give them facts about how processed meat can give them cancer - anything to get herself kicked out from the dump - but she just shut up and grimaced at her fries and drink.

"I still can't believe it," Sofia said and glared at Shawn, who stared at her with humour as he ate his burger. There was a pile of unwanted tomatoes on his tray. "You eat here when you're hungry? The food here is absolutely disgusting! Well...then again...they say you are what you eat."  

Shawn rolled his eyes, finishing up the last of his burger and taking a sip of his Coke. "I can't believe it either," he commented with a smirk, his hand finding its way underneath the table, in which he rested it on her knee. "I actually got you to step foot in here. I think that should be in Riley's Believe It Or Not...most people would say they wouldn't believe it."

"Get your greasy, stupid hands away from me!" Sofia exclaimed and kicked Shawn in the shin with his heel, causing him to retract his hand to caress the area of pain. She grinned smugly.

"Wow, Sof. I'm kind of hurt" He chuckled, placing his hand over his heart. "That's, like, one of the first times you didn't want my hands on you. Usually you're begging me to touch you everywhere." 

"Shut up!" 

He just laughs, shaking his head in amusement. "I love getting you pissed. You're so cute." 

"Okay listen here, Shawn," Sofia begins, narrowing her eyes at the boy sitting in front of her. They were at a booth by the window. "You need to stop whatever you're trying to do. Everything we used to have years ago is over; I hate you now, and you need to accept that. What do you need? A hundred bucks - two hundred? How much do you want so that you'd just stop trying to get me in bed with you again?" 

"Zero bucks, Sofia. I don't need your money." 

Sofia groaned, taking a brief sip at her drink. "You know what? Whatever. This lunch is over anyways. We made a deal, and you promised, so you have to leave me alone now." 

Shawn laughed, shaking his head. "You're so gullible when it comes to these things, Sof," he told her with humour. "Sometimes I make promises...but I don't intend to keep them." He then slides out of the booth, winking at Sofia. "I gotta go now. See you tomorrow, beautiful."

-