Chapter 28: What Lovers Do - Part 1

Chapter 28
Cade Felix Thompson
What Lovers Do - Part 1

After our love making, I grabbed a two blankets in his room and went back to the rooftop, where Richard was laying down, his eyes focused on the bright moon. And now, here we are, on top of the rooftop, snuggling and cuddling. Chad's arms are wrapped around me, his head resting on my chest. We're both tired to even move, we just stare at the dark, beautiful sky.

"I'm just curious," Chad says as he plants a kiss on my chest and rubs my stomach. "And I don't want you getting mad, okay. So, I'm just thinking... after you left me, I mean, we were very far from each other and we didn't know if we would end up together, did you by... any chance... love someone else?"

"No, I've only loved one person in my life," I say immediately, not hesitating to answer, not even taking a second to think of my answer. "And that's you. I have never imagined that I'd fall in love with anyone else. You're the only one for me and even if we didn't get together, I'd remain single. I'd die alone."

"It's nice to hear those words,"

"That I'd die alone and single?"

"No, that you love me." He whispers, tightening his hold around me and I kiss his forehead, ruffling his hair. I put the duvet on top of us securely, hiding our naked and pressed with each other bodies. "It feels amazing to be loved by you. Everything feels alright."

"Same," I whisper, chuckling. "I know I've said this many times, but I will never leave you. Not again. I won't lose you again. We're going to hold each other's hand until we grow old. We'd take family pictures in our reunion when we get old. We'd have lots of grandsons and granddaughters. We will be a happy family."

"I would like that," Chad agrees, smiling against my chest. The cool air touches my skin and I shut my eyes, feeling his comfort and warm hug around me. "And we will be happy, like super happy we could forget about the world. Picture this, our grandchildren running around our living room, and us watching TV, and they're clinging to us, laughing and playing and we're goofing around with them."

"Awesome," I picture what he said to me, our grandchildren running around us with bright smile all over their face. It feels nice to love and to be loved.

"I can't wait for it to happen,"

"I can't, too." I whisper, snuggling closer to him. "Hey, just want to ask, when will you let me meet your sons? I mean, I'm already thinking about you meeting my son, and I know you know him, not much, but you know him. His name is Josh Heid Thompson and my daughter's name is Yumi May Thompson." It's true. I've been thinking on introducing my boyfriend to my daughter and son. They have the right to know about him and me. They have to know that I've been in love with a man ever since I was a teenager. I'm sure Josh would understand me, but what about Yumi? I know she supports his brother and not really homophobic, but still, I'm her father, supposedly straight. What would she think of me? At least you let them know the real you, my mind voices out.

Chad seems to be in a deep thought, pursing his lips. "I've kind of mentioned you to them, but I didn't say your name. They're very cool with it. To be honest, I wasn't expecting their reaction, especially Noah's. But they took lightly. They even support me. They want to meet you, and now that you've mentioned it, I'm going to set up a meeting for us so they will have a chance to know you and vice versa. We need to do this for our future." I laugh and he chuckles lightly.

"Well, that's because they really love you," I let out a breath and run my fingers through his hair. His hair is so soft and almost perfect, and it feels good in my hands. I could just run my hands all day through his hair and never get tired of it. "They support you, whoever you are, or whatever you are. And I'd really like to meet your sons. Sooner or later, they'll be my child as well."

"Hmmmm," Chad only hums and gets comfortable beside me, his arms never unwrapping around me. I kiss him good night on his lips and he does the same, and then together, we let ourselves fall into a deep slumber.

+++

When we wake up, the sun is shining brightly upon us and there are birds on Chad's house's rooftop. They are tweeting, flying from one place to another but not leaving. Chad is still fast asleep, his eyes shut softly and lips slightly parted. He's also snoring lightly, which makes me chuckle. Even when he's sleeping, he's really cute and adorable and handsome all at the same time. Pecking his lips, he groans and rolls to the other side and I suppress a laugh. I decide that I should make him a breakfast since I know he'd be hungry.

Taking notice that I'm still naked, I pick up my clothes and wear them, then head downstairs to make some breakfast for the both us. The house is eerily quiet. There's no sign of Chad's sons. I don't even think they went home last night. So deciding I should make myself comfortable, I walk into the kitchen area and think of what I'd cook for Chad and I. Omelet is overrated. Cereals, we're too big for that. Bacons, nah, it's for teenagers. But I choose bacons anyways.

I open the stove, turning it into medium fire, and then find the frying pans, which are located under the sink. And everything is clean. Nodding my head, I get a medium frying pan and place it on the stove. I open up the fridge and get a pack of bacon, which is still frozen so I put the bacon in a bowl, put some water, and let it unfreeze for a few minutes. Once everything's set, I drain the bowl and grab some bacon strips and put them on a frying pan. Putting a bit of poil, which I forgot to do earlier (so dumb of me), the pan makes a sizzling sound and I run off to the corner of the room, squinting my eyes. Evil oil.

As I'm about to go over the stove, I hear a deep voice behind me and my body tenses.

"Who are you, sir?" I think it's Chad's sons, Gloss and Noah.

I saw them once when the squad and I visited Chad for the first time since we parted ways in High School, and I think they never got the chance to introduce themselves properly. I think so.

Chad, I need your help.

******

I know this Chapter is short. But I've been really busy working and I rarely have time to write, which makes me sad. I know you guys really want to know what's happening and sometimes, it saddens you to find out there's no update yet, so don't worry, I'll try my best to write at work, okay? Thank you!