First Day

First Day

"Don't judge a book by its cover"

The bell rang minutes ago and Yukine was the only one left in the room. It was quiet, yet, peaceful.

'Yato...'

The door opens with a group of vampires entering. One with blond hair approach him.

"Hey, you, what's your name?"

"Yukine..."

"I know that, I mean your full name"

"Just plain Yukine"

What does this guy want? He looks like the type to tease someone.

"Plain? Nee, Akatsuki, what are thoses vampires called again? You know, those who don't have a full name..."

"A stray?"

What do they need from him anyway? The red head's right, he's just a useless stray.

"Aido..." the guy who caught his attention earlier threatened the blond

"I'm sorry, Kaname-sama"

''Sama'? Oh, he must be the only pureblood Principal Cross told me about...Kuran, was it?'

Yukine rise from his seat and bowed exactly 90°, he learned it from Hiyori that it showed respect.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kuran-sama..."

Even without looking, he knows that the others that were with the handsome (yeah, it's true anyway) pureblood were suprised at his actions (even if he was insulted?).

"I thank you for your respect, mind if you answer my question?"

"Yes..." Unsure of what might the question be, he still agreed

"How old are you...?"

This question earned Kaname a confuse look from his subordinates.

"What do you mean, Kaname-sama? He had to be at least 114..." the twin-tailed girl said (Rima)

"I heard from Principal Cross..."

This again? Well, everything is shocking alright. Why does age even matter. He doesn't know why.

"I'm 124, Kuran-sama..."

"WHAAAAAAT?!"

The blond's scream caused all of them, I mean, ALL of them to cover their poor ears.

"Aido, quiet down, you'll disturb the others..." another blond (Ichijou) calmly scolds the other

"Gomenasai, Ichijou-san..." gloom surrounds the once cheerful blond

"So I've been told. It's rare for vampires to live that long since we were only known ten years ago. By any chance, had you seen and served a God?"

Gasp were heard. The question is bayond belief.

"No... I can't serve one since I'm unworthy..." he gave them a straight answer, it wasn't a truth nor it wasn't a lie

"That's right, Kaname-sama...!" Aido argued, "...how can a stray be able to serve a highly God?"

It hit Yukine. Maybe that's why he wasn't able to find Yato for the past ten years is that he's now a stray and an unworthy Regalia...