Chapter 36

"So, Peter, how much time do I have left before I have to go?"

"3 days.  You will have to leave before the sun sets on the third day." He answered.

I was breath taken, not by happiness or sadness.  Just amazement on how much time I have left.  "Wow.  Seems like so much time, yet so little."

"Well then, let's make up our time shall we?" Peter opened his hand for me to take it.

And take it I did.

"We shall."

Peter decided not to teach me how to fly that night, but some other day. I agreed with the idea because we both had some huge announcements for all of the lost boys to hear. One being that Adam was actually a mischievous boy who wanted to kill me out of revenge, second being that Adam is dead, and third being that I have to leave Neverland before the sun sets on the third day.

Peter and I strolled back to the campsite, hand in hand. Yes, Peter could've just transported us back there in an instant, but it was nice just to walk on our two feet and have a good conversation with one another. A conversation where we didn't yell at each other or mourn, but a conversation where we were actually happy.

Peter made a few jokes here and there, not to mention some horrible pick up lines. So horrible, that they made me cringe, laugh, and blush at the same time. But I can't put all the blame on him, because my jokes were just as awful. I also had my fair share of terrible joke-telling. I remember one joke being,

"Why does Peter Pan always fly? Because he never lands..."

It took a few seconds for Peter to understand it, and when he did, he was surely amused with his playfully rolled eyes. The whole way back to the camp took around twenty minutes, but Peter and I didn't realize how time flew by so quickly when we were together. Then that moment made me realize how I was going to forget that we were even together. To make things worse, I have to forget Peter as a whole.

I won't be able to remember him anymore...

When Peter and I finally entered the campsite, the fire was out and silence filled the air. I assumed all the boys were sleeping in their tents, by hearing a faint sound of snoring. Peter, being the considerate person he is, note the sarcasm, decided to wake up all the boys individually by going inside each boy's tent and screaming out their name. This definitely startled the boys.

Each boy came out of their tent and they all created a circle. Peter and I were in the middle of the circle, with all the boys' attention on us, even though it was clear that they would rather be sleeping because they looked tired as hell and glared at Peter most of the time when he wasn't looking. The boys wouldn't dare glare at Peter face to face unless they wanted to sleep in a cage.

When Peter saw that the boys had made themselves somewhat comfortable and were waiting attentively, he cleared his throat and began,

"Boys! I have an announcement."

"Hey, where's Adam?" The head lost boy, Felix, asked with his head turning back and forth, searching for Adam in the circle.

"Well that was going to be part of the announcement." I awkwardly stated, motioning my head to Peter to tell the boys the news.

Peter simply sighed, eyeing all of the boys. "Adam is dead."

This widened the eyes of everyone, including Felix, who is usually emotionless. The boys looked at one another, whispering nonsense, except for Alexander who was simply standing. Soon, all of the boys were speaking all at once, either asking questions about his death or making weird comments saying that it's my fault that Adam is dead....which is true when I think about it.