Chapter 12

I'm slowly walking through the organic farmers market. The smell of pine and cinnamon all through the air. Winter is coming soon. I grab many fruits and put them in my cart.

Apples, grapes, pineapples, strawberries. You name it.

Though something is missing...

"Excuse me miss do you know where I can find some blackberries?" I ask to one of the workers. Her face stays blank. Then she just walks away. I call after her but get no response.

What in the-

"Lizzy"

I turn around my heart beating in my chest.

"Aiden?" I gulp. My palms now sweaty. He comes closer to me. I can now smell his amazing cologne and see the specks of green in his eyes.

My heart starts beating in my chest faster then before. He looks so perfect.

"What are you-" I get cut off by his lips crashing on to mine. They connect perfectly. Molding into each other as if they were meant to be.

I immediately react by placing my hands around his neck. Our lips move together for what seems like forever. Electricity pulsing through me. Heating me up inside. Making my heart turn to mush.

He releases my lips and looks deep into my eyes.

"You left me lizzy"

What. I stare at him in confusion.

"What are you talk-"

"You left me. All by myself. You left me lizzy. You left me."

I start feeling sick. My brain is spinning. I don't know what to do. Those words haunting me in the back of my mind. Forever.

"You left me lizzy!" Now he's angry.

"Aiden please!" I grab his arms. I try to pull him back. I kiss him deeply but feel nothing.

What is going on.

I almost vomit. I don't think I can take this.

He yanks my hands off him. Tears welling up in his eyes.

No no! What have I done!

"You -you just left me lizzy.. H-how could you just leave me."

I reach out for him but instead everything disappears.

The farmers market. The fruits, the workers, Aiden..

I'm falling into complete darkness.

And I let myself fall. I deserve this. I did this. Then a loud noise brings me to reality and I'm forced to let the light in and awaken me from this terrible nightmare..

I gasp.

My hands, head, my whole body drenched in sweat. I feel the cool air hit me as I get out of my bed.

It was just a dream. It was just a nightmare lizzy it's ok.

I reassure myself. Glancing towards the alarm clock it reads 4:56am my alarm should be going off any min now. I look next to me to see Ashley still fast asleep. Softy snoring.

That was horrible. That feeling was horrible. I didn't think of what I had caused until then. I never thought about his feelings towards the whole situation. But I knew that that was what haunted me. Deep down my deepest fear was knowing that along the way Aiden has given up his feelings.

That because of my mistakes.. We will never be what we once were.

I get out of bed and try to clear my mind. My feet landing on the soft carpet I slip on my slippers and make my way to the restroom.