[24] Awkward Hugs & Asshole Dads

Kelsey's POV

I woke up to the sound of hush cursing and the smell of something burning coming from downstairs. Oh great, there's either a fire starting downstairs, or Isaac is attempting to cook. Groaning, I throw the sheets off my body and quickly jump out of bed, rushing down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I coughed as a big mass of smoke whooshed in my face. "Isaac...what the hell are you doing down here?" I asked Isaac who was currently opening windows to let the smoke out.

He swirled around, his mouth forming an 'o' shape. "Oh, I uh...I made pancakes for breakfast. But I kinda um, I burnt a few, so..." I laughed, walking towards what was supposed to be pancakes. "You suck at cooking, you know that right?" I said before showing him how you actually make them.

I'm glad I've improved in making pancakes. Isaac was about to throw the burnt pancakes in the bin, but I stopped him before he could. "What are you doing, don't waste them." I told him, acting all serious. "What? You're not going to eat them are you?" He said, scrunching his nose up.

"No, but if you break them up into tiny pieces, I'm sure the birds will eat it...well, that's if they don't chock and die in the process." I sniggered. "Ha ha, very funny." Isaac laughed sarcastically, before throwing his black pancakes away.

"I know, I'm hilarious." I said before serving up a few pancakes on plates. Myself and Isaac sat down at the table, eating our pancakes in silence. I glanced over at Isaac a few times, wondering why he got up to make pancakes in the first place.

Maybe it's his way of apologizing again? He could've just been hungry, but why make pancakes when there's cereal...wait, was he trying to impress me? Well, he already knows that I know he's a terrible cook. I guess he feels bad about last night. About the things we said to each other.

Then the things Jake said. I still can't get my head around why Jake was being so rude. What he said about Isaac's dad...that went too far. "Hey, are you okay? You've barely touched your pancakes." Bewildered by my thoughts, I snapped out of them. "Hm, oh...I just have a lot on my mind."

Isaac scratched the back of his head, looking at me curiously. "Yeah, same here. Want to talk about it, or?" I shook my head. "No, it's okay." Isaac opened his mouth to say something but the vibrating of his phone on the table interrupted him before he could speak.

As he unlocked his phone, I could see his background was still the picture of us kissing. I smiled to myself before Isaac looked at me. "It's Stiles, they think they've found out where to find Jennifer." Okay, that's good news...I think.

"Right, well we better get dressed and go then." I said, standing up from the table and putting my leftover pancakes in tinfoil for later. Isaac carried his plate over, putting it in the sink before staring at my me.

I furrowed my brows. "What?" He slightly looked down, laughing to himself before his gaze met my face again. "You um, you have flour on your face." As soon as that was said, I immediately whipped all over my face. Oh, god that was embarrassing.

Isaac shock at his head, still laughing a little. "Here, let me." Isaac brought his thumb to my face, gently swiping it across my cheek. After that he began to caress my cheek which his hand, I could tell he was bringing his face closer to mine, but I wasn't stopping him. Why aren't I stopping him? No, I can't do this right now. "Isaac." I breathed, grabbing his hand from my face.