Chapter 18

"I never knew about that." I managed to stutter out. "I'm so sorry May." She gave me a look of pain and anger, hurt and love, sympathy and frustration. I didn't know what to do. I mean, I've know May for my whole time here and she's never really talked to me. It's as if she knew. It's as if they all knew. Their reaction wasn't what I would have expected if it was their first time finding out. They just looked at me in a way that they have never done before. I didn't know what to do because they were all meant to be my friends. I didn't want to be the first one to talk so I waited. The long pause was not reassuring what so ever. Coulson decide to speak up.

"Willow, I'm sorry for what happened earlier. That was uncalled for by May. She didn't know that you could control your powers." He addressed to me and the rest of the agents, especially May.

"That's ok." I said." She didn't know." May looked at me in a strange way. She looked sorry for me but yet she looked angry.

"This isn't why I brought you all here." Coulson told us. "I brought you here to tell you about the avengers. We have sent out another team to bring in Banner but we need a team to bring in Steve Rodgers and the other Avengers." He explained to us. "Skye, Hunter, Bobby. Will you go and get the others?"

"Yes, Sir." They replied in unison.

"But what about me? I thought I was meant to get them?" I said to Coulson. I was so annoyed as I really wanted to go. My dream job was to do what Coulson had done, pull the avengers together (although hopefully I wouldn't die in the process).

"I loved having that job. I know that I got hurt, and I still am, but I loved it."

"Willow. You can't. You're still injured. You can stay here and make sure everybody gets along. Okay?"

"Fine..." I replied. I was so annoyed that Coulson wouldn't let me go. I really wanted to go. I didn't care that I was hurt. At least he wasn't stripping me of all my duties.

"What do you want me to do first, then?" I asked him.

"You can go and see what our guests would like for dinner." Coulson said. I wasn't sure whether he was joking or not...

I laughed and got a stern and confused look from Coulson. I then said, after finishing laughing, "Oh... You're serious?"

"Yes. What part of that made you think that I wasn't serious?!" He questioned me.

"It just seemed like a bit of a tacky job, that's all." I replied. The rest of the team laughed at me. "Fine then. I'll go do it..." I went off and asked our 'guests' what they wanted for dinner.

Coulson was impressed that I actually did it and went and got them what they wanted.