True Gentlemen

^Leo

***

"I-I don't-"

"Don't you dare say that you don't know who I'm talking about. Remember that I have that useful gun and I'm most certainly not afraid to use it." He interrupted me, getting even closer, making me lick my lips out of nervousness.

His eyes followed my tongue over my upper lip, mesmerised by the movement, but refocused on his objective when he noticed that I was inching away from his face.

I leaned back as much as I could and inhaled and exhaled, to calm my beating heart.

"I do know who you're looking for...But-" he glared at me, making me stop in fright.

"She doesn't wish to meet you,you see-"

He grabbed my left hand tight, making me winch at the contact as my mind was on edge, feeling the danger in the air.

"But I think you knew that." I added, forgetting to breathe for a second.

"Where is she?"

"She might be in this hotel, but I'll not tell you her identity" most likely because you'll kill me if you find out.

The only thing keeping me alive is the information I hold.

He squeezed his grip on me again, making pain shoot through my arm, making me close my eyes shut and clench my jaw, trying to subdue the pain.

"What will you do to her once you find out who she is?" I ask through my teeth, opening one of my eyes to look at him.

"I just want to talk." He said, totally unconvincing.

"No. What do you really want to do?" I asked again, tears forming in my eyes.

He chuckled darkly, looking into my eyes.

"If I said that I wanted to make her a Mafia Wife, would you believe me?" He said dangerously, an evil glint in his eyes.

My eyes widened and my hand started to throb again. I think I'll have finger shaped bruises for weeks. I tend to bruise easily anyway.

My wrist feels like it's gonna snap any second.

One hot tear escaped and slid on my cheek as I stared into his eyes with hatred.

No true man would put a harmful hand on a woman.

And no true woman would lay a harmful hand on a man either.

I guess I was wrong when I thought they were true gentlemen.

He followed my tear and his expression softened, releasing his grip on me.

He retracted his hand quickly, looking lost for words. He was looking everywhere but my eyes, looking for a way to make things better.

I just held my hand, a few more traitor tears slipping.

The door burst open and Antonio along with Leo entered with wild looks in their eyes.

Antonio stared at my tear-streaked face, my hand and then at my little fragile body and then turned to Dante with a murderous look.

"What have you done?!" He yelled, jumping him, trowing punches left and right.

I was shocked and didn't know what to do.

Leo came to me and shielded my eyes from the scene.

"Let's get you out of here principessa." He said, leading me to the door.

"No, you have to stop them!" I protested, trying to turn, but he held me tighter until we were out in the hallway.

"Let's get your arm checked principessa, ok? They're always like that." He said, but something on his face told me that this was different.

I steeled myself and looked him dead in the eye, tears already gone. Only proof of them ever existing were the salty streaks on my cheeks.

"No. You get back in there and stop those barbarians. I can take care of myself." I ordered him, with finality in my voice.

"But bambina-" he started, trying to reason with me.

"Stop with the cute pet names and do what you're told!" I cut him off, taking no bullshit.

"Please" I add, looking him in the eyes.

I saw my win when his face relaxed into defeat.

"You're impossible bambina " He said, letting me go and going back in.

I heard a few crashes and decided I didn't want to hear anymore. I've had enough for one day.

As I get to the reception and Olivia sees me, she bursts into sobs.

"Sorry, but I don't have time for a touching reunion. Can you call Jeremy and tell him that I'm waiting for him in the walk in freezer in the kitchen?" I get out between my teeth, my hand throbbing like no tomorrow.

I just hope it isn't broken.

She looks at my hand speechless and just stands there, confused.

"Now!" I shout, but I didn't have the time to deal with this right now.

I'm just happy that no one is in the lobby at this hour.

I hurry to the kitchen, getting a few weird looks from the people I've passed, but no one stopped me to ask me anything.

I enter the walk in freezer and take two crushed ice bags, put one under and one over my wrist, sandwiching it.

The ice felt like tons of needles piercing my skin, but it also soothed the pain.

I kneeled, punching the ground to distract myself from the already swollen wrist.

Fuck Italians! Fuck the Mafia! Fuck Dante and his anger issues!

I started cursing under my breath, trying to distract myself from my wrist.

This is the worst.

I hear footsteps and feel a hand on my shoulder.

As I look to the person and expect him to be Jeremy, I recognise another set of Italian green eyes.