Chapter 22: It's Official

"When in a relationship, a real man doesn't make his woman jealous of others, he makes others jealous of his woman."

― Steve Maraboli

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

................................................

Nicolai Petropoulis' POV

"There's nothing to talk about us, Nico." She hissed as she tried to yank her hand away of my hold. I grip her wrist firmly as I dragged her down to the parking lot.

"Yes, there is. A LOT!" I emphasized the last part as I tried to control my temper. She's really frustrating. I thought she got it, that I want her, that I love her, but it seems she don't get it.

"Let go of me. I needed to stay away from you, don't you get it?" She snaps as she stood in front of me. Stopping me from opening the passenger's door of my car.

"Why?" I asked, with furrowing forehead. "I know you still love me, Elle. You gave me yourself, and I was the first. I know how much that means to you." I sputtered frustratedly, still feeling dumbfounded. "I love you, and this isn't my plan to win you back, but then I was surprised to see you changed tremendously." I let out a loud breath before continuing. "I wasn't in for a surprise. You're completely different Elle, and I don't know how to win you back. I just took every opportunity." I said softly, too emotionally.

She was staring at me, flabbergasted.

"You love me?" barely above a whisper. I nodded.

"Yes. That night when you collapsed, and I thought you're not breathing. I was so terrified. I felt that sudden emptiness and pain of losing you. I felt that awful feelings that I never felt before and I realized ... I realized, I love you so much ... that it pained me, leave me broken to think that you're dying." I felt the stray tear rolled over my cheeks.

I felt her thumb wiping the lone tear. Her soft gray eyes that I adored was staring at me deeply, with so much adoration. "How about my sister?" She uttered with her voice faltering. I could feel that deep emotions lace in her words.

"I left that day, my supposed wedding. I made a deal with your dad." I explained briefly.

She suddenly pinned her eyes to mine, eyes that's full of burning curiosity. "What deal?" she breathes.

"To prove if I'm worth to you. That's why I left Athens that day and flew to Italy, thinking to start over to where I was born, but then, I found myself to Milan. And there, I met this man, he hired me because he saw in me that potential that even my father didn't see in me." I taste the bitterness as I remember the day I told my father to leave and start over. He didn't say anything. Mom was begging me not to leave.

"You didn't marry my sister?" Her eyes widened, looking surprised. My forehead furrowed even more. Did she thought I marry Victoria? Didn't she check my ring finger?

"Of course I didn't. I don't love her. It's you that I love." I chuckled. Now I understand. "Is it that's why you don't want to live with me, because you thought I'm married to Vicky?" I asked and she nodded. Then suddenly, her eyes were full of tears.

"I won't come running after you, if I'm married Elle. I love you too much to marry another girl." I pulled her to my chest and pressed my lips on her head. She snake her hands around my waist and nuzzled her head against my chest. I could feel her hot breath through my shirt and her tears.

"I love you so much Nico. I have loved you since I know what love and crushes means." She confessed and my heart almost jumped out of my ribcage. I'm the happiest man alive.