Chapter Fifteen

Abby's P.O.V

"T-this is your h-house?" I ask Scott as I stare at the beautiful structure before me. It could barely be called a house. It was like three mansions combined.

"No it's my parents," he says rolling his eyes at me. I slap his shoulder and he laughs.

When we step inside it's even more beautiful then the outside. Maybe it's supposed to be a metaphor or something, like how people say it's what's on the inside that counts.

My house is absolute rubbish compared to Scott's.

We're immediately greeted by a butler and maid who both hug Scott and shake hands with me.

"Your parents are waiting for you in the dining hall," the butler says and Scott thanks him before dragging me forward.

When we get to what I suspect is the 'dining hall' I see four different faces. Two of them are much older looking which leads me to believe that they must be Scott's parents. The older looking guy especially favors Scott, he's got to be somewhere in his forty's and he still looks rather handsome.

The other two people in the room look to be about Scott and I's age. His brother and sister maybe? Yes definitely, the three of them could be triplets.

"Scott late as always," his dad says sitting back in his seat and giving Scott the death glare.

"Father, an asshole as always," Scott says rolling his eyes.

"Don't talk to me that way young man," Scott's dad says narrowing his eyes at Scott.

"Everyone this is Abel but everyone calls him Ab for short," Scott says patting my shoulder. I'm glad he at least thought of a better name than just Ab.

Hello's are exchanged and I'm introduced to his parents as well as his brother and sister. Falon and Miranda. Falon is definitely handsome just like Scott. He's got the same blue eyes, same smirk, and he gets the same crinkle under his eyes when he frowns. I remember Scott telling me about Falon the one time we talked in the woods and I already know that Falon is bad news so I avoid looking at him too much. The only difference Falon has from Miranda and Scott is the fact that Falon has blonde hair. Miranda is like a very beautiful version of her mom. Her mom is sitting across from me and I can't help but admire her beautiful brunette hair. Scott's mom could easily pass for a twenty year old. Miranda is the type of girl that I would've considered to look bitchy back in high school. But she can't help how she looks so I give her the benefit of the doubt.

"It's very nice to meet you Abel," Scott's mom says smiling at me as I take my seat. I'm sitting between Scott and Miranda.

"It's n-nice to meet you t-to Mrs. Rogers."

"You don't have to be nervous with us sweetie," Scott's mom says furrowing her eyebrows at me. What?

"He's not nervous," Scott says nonchalantly rolling his eyes. "He was in a little sporting incident when he was younger. It messed up his vocal cords and now he just stutters a lot."

"Oh my gosh," Miranda turns towards me and gasps. She sets her hand on top of mine. "That sounds terrible, you must be like so brave."

"Yeah," I say as I awkwardly pull my hand away from her grasp. "I'm b-brave. T-that's why some of my friends c-call me Ab."

"That's so cool," she sets her head on her fist and grins at me.

"Alright," Scott's dad says loudly sitting up straighter. "So, um, Abel. What are you majoring in this year?"