Chapter 21- OLD VERSION

The chapters that follow are from the old version of this book that I've recently changed. They're relatively the same but there are changes throughout the chapters and a slight change at the end of the book! Hopefully you enjoyed this book, I'll be leaving these old chapters up for a while for you all to enjoy as well! Thank you for your continued support and love! -xxthecookiexx

Sadie's POV

I knew I shouldn't have skipped class, since all classes were cancelled yesterday, but I really did need a dress for the dance. Plus, with being a little hungover, I couldn't concentrate today. 

The last bit of guilt I still had for skipping class vanished as soon as we pulled up to the store Holly insisted we go to get dresses. Jackie, Josie and I crawled out of the back seat of Kailey's car and the five of us headed in. The store strictly sold formal event gowns, heels, jewelry and suits, along with matching ties, bows ties, cuff links and vests. I had a feeling this place was going to be expensive. 

The girls and I had all discussed the power outage on the car ride over. The girls had been jealous that the boys were so prepared, all they had were a few bottles of wine and some wine coolers. For the most part the girls had worked on rearranging their dorm rooms, gossiping and spending too much time on their phones before they died. 

"The red dresses are over here," Jackie grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the endless row of red dresses, ranging from floor length to just covering your goodies, glitter, silk, puffy sleeves, no sleeves, you name it. 

After Kent and I had finally agreed to go to the dance together I had to tell Jackie, now she was determined to find me the perfect red dress. 

"I swear I told you red was your color the second time we hung out," Jackie continued to mumble, mostly to herself, while we sifted through the dresses. 

 "Has Squid asked you to the dance yet?" I nudged Jackie with my elbow, keeping my eyes on the dresses. I watched Jackie's head snap towards me and I could see her wide eyes out of the corner of mine.

 "He. . . he did, yeah," She quietly muttered. Now it was my turn to be surprised. I had been telling Squid to ask Jackie to the dance for months it felt like. 

 "Why didn't you tell me?" I was too excited for her to be upset about not telling me. Jackie reserved about this stuff more than anyone else I had met before. 

"Because it just happened last night," Jackie's cheeks flushed with color and one of her hands covered her mouth to hide a giggle. 

 "Tell me it wasn't something stupid," Jackie shook her head. 

 "He tried to throw pebbles at my window but accidentally ended up cracking the window," Now both Jackie and I were giggling, no longer paying attention to the dresses. "But the funniest thing was, he was throwing the rock at the wrong window. He was just one window off," 

With our loud laughter the other girls hurried over to where we were to find out what was so funny. Once Jackie told the other, we all were laughing so loud I was afraid we were going to get asked to leave the store. 

 "Then why aren't you looking for a dress?" I asked, Holly lingered around to look through the red dresses with us too. 

 "I just don't really know what I would get," Now Jackie's cheeks were red again, but this time because of shame. Holly linked her arm through Jackie's quickly and pulled her close, with a cheesy smile on her face. 

 "What do you think we're here for?" Before I had time to save Jackie from the ultimate makeover she was about to receive, Holly yanked Jackie towards the navy blue section where Josie was. Those two were going to kill Jackie with pink and glitter. I continued to look through the red dresses until Kailey and I bumped into each other.