Chapter 12

Jungkook exhaled a small groan as he rolled over on his bed, staring at the white ceiling. He clicked his tongue in annoyance as he ruffled his hair in frustration.

"Why did I do that last night? I'm so stupid!" he scolded himself as he punched his pillow.

After taking moment to settle down, he slowly maneuvered his way out of bed and to the bathroom, staring at himself in the mirror.

He sighed as he saw the bags under his eyes after a night's worth of worrying. "Taehyung, you jerk."

The older male had finally asked him to be his boyfriend yesterday, to which Jungkook quickly agreed. They spent the whole day playing with the dolphins and the younger finally shared his first kiss with Taehyung.

It seemed like the perfect date, but Jungkook felt like he had let his guard down too soon. Not only did he loose his phone, but when Taehyung drove him home, he refused to meet the younger's parents.

Jungkook felt irritated. He had promised himself and his parents that once he get into a relationship, he will take his girlfriend, or in this case boyfriend, to meet his parents.

"Please hyung! Just say hi. That's all I need!" Jungkook pouted.

"Kook, no."

"Hyung, I don't understand. Why can't you just come in for a second?"

"Because!" Taehyung argued. "I'm never good with meeting parents. I mean, look at me!"

"I am looking at you, idiot." Jungkook scrunched his eyebrows. "There's nothing wrong with you; other than your arrogant attitude and your stupid orange hair."

"Yah! I like this hair!" Taehyung retorted. "Besides, that's just the point. I'm not necessarily boyfriend material that parents' look for. I bully kids, I get detention, I break hearts, I—"

"Are you going to do that with me?" Jungkook cut off. "Break my heart?"

"No, of course not." Taehyung frowned as he reached over to cup the younger's cheeks. "I love you."

"If you love me then you'd meet my parents."

"What is up with you wanting to meet your parents?!" The orange hair yelled.

"What is up with you not wanting to meet them?!" Jungkook raised his voice louder than Taehyung's. "If you don't meet them, then I guess we're done."

"Shark bait. I just asked you out today! What's the rush?"

"Jungkook." The younger growled. "My name is Jungkook. You know I hate being called shark bait!"

Taehyung sighed. "I'm sorry Kookie. It just slipped out."

"And that's exactly what I'm going to do right now. I'm slipping out of this car." The brunette haired male quickly reached over to unbuckle his seat belt when Taehyung grabbed his wrist.

"Don't do this. Can't you wait a little while longer?"

"You're hurting me." Jungkook winced as Taehyung's grip on his wrist grew tighter. The older shook his head, refusing to let go.

"This is our first date and our first fight. Are you really breaking up with me already?"

"It's not our first fight." Jungkook whispered. "We've always had problems in the beginning."

Shocked, Taehyung's grip loosened and the younger took it as his opportunity to pull away and exit the vehicle. He stood outside the door looking at his hyung with a saddened expression. "I'm glad we ended things now before we grew too attached."

"Kookie—"

"Good night hyung."

And things ended like that. Unfortunately for Jungkook, his room was directly across from his neighbor, Jin. He could barely ignore the whistles coming from outside his room as the elder tried to catch his attention from across his window.

The younger knew Jin was just going to question him about the date, but what was he to tell him? That their first date was their last?

Jungkook agreed that he'd just play sick today so he could stay home from school and avoid Taehyung. He might as well let the situation simmer down for a day.

"Besides," he muttered to himself, looking at his condition through the mirror. "I already look like shit." Referring to last night since he was crying.

In his oversized white shirt, which went down to his knees, and boxers, Jungkook made his way down stairs. The smell of bacon and eggs filled the room and Jungkook let his nose guide him into the kitchen. Is someone cooking?

"Oh honey! You're awake!" He turned around and saw his mom sitting in the dining room, eating. "Are you okay?"

"Just a little sick. I think I should stay home today." The younger mumbled. "Did you cook breakfast?"

She smiled brightly. "Actually,"

"I did."

Jungkook turned around to locate where the voice had come from and found Taehyung in the kitchen, holding to plates of omelets.

"Are you hungry?"

"Hyung, why are you—how did you—when—?"

"He came early this morning," Mr. Jeon answered as he grabbed his key. "It was nice meeting you! Thanks for the coffee."

"It was no problem, sir." Taehyung answered as he bowed politely while the father bid his family goodbye before heading to work.

"Oh, honey! Your boyfriend here told me that you've got a job at sea world. That should be fun!" Mrs. Jeon chirped.

"You told her?" Jungkook gasped.

"Well yeah, your parents need to know about the job and—"

"Not the job! I meant, us!"

Taehyung giggled softly before placing the plates on the counter and wrapping his arms around Jungkook's waist.

"I thought about what you said last night and you were right." He answered. "If I want things to work, I need to change. Starting with meeting your parents."

The younger felt the blush creeping to his cheeks and looked down to avoid the elder's gaze. "Does this mean..."

"We're back together?" Taehyung finished. "Definitely."

Jungkook buried his head in the elder's chest, inhaling the older's scent. Taehyung chuckled holding the younger in a comforting hug, relieved that last night wasn't the end.

"Well, aren't you two the cutest things ever!" Mrs. Jeon squeeled. "Jin was right about you both. You really do make an adorable couple."

"Remind me to kill him later?" Jungkook giggled while Taehyung gladly offered to help.

--

Hey guys. So this isn't exactly what I wanted to update, but I felt bad for keeping you all waiting for so long that I made this short chapter for you.

I'm sorry for not keeping my promise about updating on Friday. I had some family problems and I was going through some deep depression.

Apparently to my dad, I'm worthless and a mistake for a daughter. My dad tells me this everyday and just verbally, emotionally, and just overall... hurts me. 

Hopefully this chapter is satisfying enough. I'm sorry again! Thank you for supporting this story! I love you all <3