Dangerous And Scared

^Helen's reading window, with her on it.

***

I glanced between the two, cursing under my breath.

I forgot that Allan was coming today.

Allan and Jeremy were together and madly in love a couple of months ago, but then, Jeremy misunderstood Allan's relationship with some secretary and refused to return any of his calls afterwards, not even bothering to ask for an explanation.

Same ol' jealous lover story.

I've talked to Allan, not convinced that he would just cheat out of the blue, as he was head over heels in love with my JJ. After I found out every detail, I set them up and booked the "Lovers' Den", a room especially designed for couples to...get to know each other better, if you know what I mean.

If you didn't get it, it's a room with a big comfy bed just right for fucking.

And I forgot that the date was today.

"Jer. Please hear me out." Allan approached, not reading the mood.

"Now it's not the fucking time Allan. And as a matter of fact, it's never going to be! Goodbye." Jj said, side stepping him.

Allan noticed that I was supported almost entirely by Jeremy and saw my salty streaky cheeks for the first time.

He was completely confused.

Men always lose it whenever a woman cries. We have emotions, we cry, we get over it. They don't need to be so shocked every time.

"Give us a ride and then he's all yours afterwards." I say, excusing him of the lame comforting words he was thinking of throwing my way.

Jeremy's step faltered for a second, almost dropping me in the process,, but caught me and continued even faster towards the exit.

"Helen, I love you, but stay the fuck out of my business, ok?" He said, trying to seem angry,but I knew that he couldn't wait to get back together with Allan. He's been swooning after every couple or love story the past months, constantly longing after Allan's touch.

I'm just giving his ego a little help, as he is too proud to admit that he exaggerated and apologise to the poor man.

"You can thank me later" I whisper in his shoulder, smiling, forgetting about the hand for the time being.

Jeremy puts me in the back of Allan's car and stays with me, making sure that my wrist doesn't stay in any awkward angle while on the road.

Once at my house and finally convincing the two men that I was fine and could take care of myself, I changed into warm and comfy clothing, discarding my uniform on the sofa, not in the mood to get it all the way to the laundry basket.

I got my tall cup, poured some cold tea from the stove and put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, too lazy to light the stove and wait for the tea to warm up again.

I, surprisingly, didn't have any difficulty getting around with just one hand.

Jeremy gave me a sturdy arm sling that went from my elbow to the end of my palm, letting me be comfortable.

As soon as the machine beeped, I opened the door and got the cup out, almost dropping it from the temperature.

I put honey in it and stirred with a spoon, going towards my reading window.

I couldn't read properly with just one hand and it would be too much of a hassle. I want to just enjoy the late fall weather, drink my tea to warm me up and cocoon into my sheets, to forget everything and everyone for a couple of hours.

After sitting in my spot and bringing my knees up, I stare outside, feeling calmer with each breath

I started to get sleepy again. I went to wash my salty face and just plopped on my bed, crawling between the sheets.

"Today was eventful" I mumble into my blanket, falling asleep.

***

"For fuck's sake Elena. If you don't open this door right now, I'm gonna break it!"

A rough masculine voice shouts from outside,waking me up.

I turn over, mumbling complaints, but when I glanced at the clock on my nightstand and it read 16:00, I threw my blanket on the floor, letting the cold sweep over me, but I was already wide awake.

I was supposed to be at work at 9:00.

Outside was already getting dark and I would have completely forgotten about my "custom alarm clock" if not for the loud crack heard from downstairs.

I jumped from bed, startled, and reached for the gun on my bedside.

It wasn't an actual gun, it was a lighter that looked exactly like a real firearm and it works to intimidate people. No regular burglar would want to test his chances against a gun.

I held it the way I've seen characters in video games do and slowly and silently made my way down, looking for the intruder.

The sleep was completely gone and now I felt dangerous.

And scared.

I heard shuffling in the kitchen and peered through the glass door,seeing a young man standing by the stove.

I approached, opening the door, silently high-fiving myself for oiling it a week ago, letting it close behind me with a click.

At the click, the stranger turned around, but my gun was already pointed between his eyes.