Part Two: Chapter Four

Nick's arm let me go and he pushed me behind him, walking over to Xander with an angry look in his eyes. The way they glared at each other, they looked like two Alpha's fighting over a piece of meat. They were enemies in my eyes.

I barely heard the words they shared, my breathing quickened. I couldn't do this. I needed to go. Like now. I noticed they were locked on each other, there surroundings didn't matter. I wanted to stop them in case one punched the other but I couldn't. 

I spun around and tried to run away but stumbled due to the drink. I slowed myself down. I felt weird, I probably shouldn't have drank that much, I admit I'm a light weight.

I crashed into someone and muttered out a quick apology. I needed fresh air. I cussed under my breath when I realized the door was the other way. I'd have to go past them if I wanted to get to it and that wasn't an option.

I looked around frantically. The bathrooms maybe.. no. No doubt girls would be in there being all judgmental and not to mention it wasn't really 'fresh air'. My eyes darted around in hope before landing on the back door. My heart jumped and I stumbled toward it.

I read the sign and paused. It wasn't a back door, it was a smoking area. I didn't care, it still was outside and that all that matter, I could deal with the smell of smoke. I pushed the door open and hurried outside.

My eyes landed on a deck like thing with a roof and some benches. I made my way over there, pulling my leather jacket around me tighter. I let out a sigh of relief when I noticed no one was there. It was unusual, I never had good luck.

I  grabbed the railing to help myself up onto the deck. Being drunk and wearing heels were not a good match. I finally made my way to the bench and sat down. The only sounds I could hear was cars passing now and again or the soft beat of the music since I was outside.

I bit my lip, thinking about him.

Xander.

Seeing him, feeling him hold me, my heart lurched. I felt safe. A shiver had run down my spine and as much as my body tried to push him away, I didn't want that. He had to know that or he wouldn't have dared touch me.

He was back, after all this time, and the chances of meeting him here were near to impossible. No, just because he was back, nothing was going to happen. I had to stay firm with my choice, we both had to move on. Maybe a fling, no more falling in love.

A small fling with Nick. I scrunched up my face. I knew I couldn't have one with Xander or I'd fall more in love and that... that wasn't going to be good.

I needed to make myself like someone else. I knew going out with Xander would hurt both of us, and I was saving us from that. I tried to tell myself that so many time but I still felt like an áss. I heard the door open and I raised my eyes.

If it was Nick or Xander I would duck down. Well not Nick, I'd just ask him to take me home. The drink was getting worse, I could feel myself going to an entirely different place. I felt.. normal but everything seemed weird, almost funny.

I heard laughter and when I saw the men walking toward the deck I relaxed. It wasn't either of them. I leaned back against the wood with a sigh before making a scraping sound with my heel by accident. I let out an unexpected giggle, shaking my head.

It wasn't even funny but it was.

I wanted to dance right now.

No I wanted to go home.

Clear your mind idiot!

The two guys sat down on the bench, one pulling out a packet of cigarettes and passing his friend one. He lit his own before lighting up his friends and shoving both the packet and lighter back in his pocket.