Chapter 34: Mother and Daughter

Okay, my knees are trembling, my hands were shaking, my pride is going low, and my mind is going crazy! I don't know what to do right now.

Alright, inhale...exhale....just relax, Belle. All you have to do is get out of the car and knock on the door then ask for your mother's name. That simple.

"Madam, are you alright? Want me to knock on their door?" Mike turn his body towards me, he was on the driver's seat as I use one of Rafael's car. Hope he doesn't notice though.

Seriously, when I told him not to call me Mrs. Knight, fortunately he didn't call me that ever again since then but he changed it into madam. Well, this man is really stubborn.

"N-no, Mike. I'm gonna do it. Just building some courage" I said, letting out some heavy sighs and shaking my shoulders as warm ups.

"Wait, Madam, someone is leaving."

I immediately turn to the direction to see who was coming out. I lean forward near the window to have a closer look. The park I have is parked on the other  side of the road for us not to be noticed.

Oh my...

A woman opened the gate as she got out, looking around like she looking for someone.

Mama...

My vision starts to blur as I notice that I am about to cry. My mom looks so clean and...different.

Good different.

I can't help but smile at the sight of her. She probably didn't noticed us but I catch her eyes taking a glimpse of this car. She won't see us anyway because this is a one-way mirror. Only us inside the car can see outside.

She may look older but she still look beautiful. I smiled  as I saw those long blonde curls that I inherited from her.

She looks really happy.

Mom raised her hand, calling a taxi. She got in and the cab started to drive "Hurry, Mike! Follow that cab!" I snapped, pointing at the direction.

No need to tell him twice. He started the engine and carefully followed the cab as it goes to many different direction. Where is she going? God, my heart is beating fast.

After a turns and follows, the cab stopped to a simple normal looking restaurant. She gets out of the cab then entered the place.

"That is where she worked, Madam. Your mother is a waitress and from my investigation, that restaurant is owned by his husband's sister." Mike informed me but I am too busy watching her got inside.

She was smiling.

I have never ever saw her smile before.

The way her smile gives warmness in my heart. I know that I am very happy to see her in that state. This is better than she is before though. So much better.

"I'm coming in" I finally breathe out as I grab my shoulder bag to hang it on my shoulder and stepped out of the car. "Don't you want to come in, Mike?"

"No, thank you, Madam. I don't want to ruin your mother-daughter moment." Mike let out a soft chuckle making me smile at him. "Ill be waiting here and please take your time."

I nod my head at him then walk towards the  entrance of the restaurant. I put my back sunglasses on to keep a little disguise. I don't want people saying that the billionaire's wife is meeting up with her mom for the first time and the next day it will be on the news headline.

I got inside, the place is kinda full but I saw a vacant table on the side so I took it. The place is kinda full, many workers are eating here because the foods are really cheap.