Chapter Nine: Why?!

Chapter Nine

I stood there rooted on my spot. My eyes were wide as saucers and my mind was completely blank. This situation was too much for my poor brain to process.

Fortunately, when Lucas’ tongue ran across the seam of my lips – begging for entrance – I suddenly became aware once again what was happening.

Lucas Smith was kissing me.

He had his hands planted on my waist as he attempted once again to make me open my mouth so his mouth can enter. I lifted my hands and placed them on his chest and he might think I was enjoying this but boy was he wrong. With every ounce of strength I had in my body, I pushed away his muscular frame away from me, successfully tearing his lips away from mine.

“Lucas!” I screeched before licking my lips. I cringed at the familiar taste of alcohol and placed my gaze on him. He looked like he could barely stand and his eyes were hazy with both lust and an effect of being drunk.

“I like you, Celeste,” he slurred and I ignored his confession. He was drunk so maybe he had no control on whatever comes out of his mouth.

But they did say that a man’s true emotions only shows up when they’re drunk.

“You’re drunk,” I stated the obvious though he only looked hurt. He took a few steps towards me but I easily walked around him and grabbed his shoulder, guiding him to the bed. What he needed was rest then when he wakes up, he’ll forget about this whole episode.

“I like you,” he groaned stubbornly. I pushed him down effectively making him sit on the bed. I slowly made him lie down and I took off his shoes.

I hated this jerk, I honestly do and my hatred only doubled when he kissed me but I couldn’t blame him for that, he was drunk. He bullied me back then since the day we met but without him and his idiotic brother, I wouldn’t be the girl I am today.

When I securely tucked him in, I made a move to leave him to sleep but when I was just to turn around from him, he grabbed my wrist and looked me right in the eye.

“I like you, Celeste,” he said once again, “You were the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen and I hate it when you’re smiling because of him, not me.”

I already knew who he was talking about. It was Drew and when he said those words, he glared at the lamp as if it was the brown haired boy who suddenly invaded my life.

He lifted his hand and started caressing my cheek, “You look so pretty tonight but I know I’m not the reason why,” he frowned.

I lowered my head in shame. I was basically rejecting his drunk self because I won’t even try to deny it. I spent an entire hour earlier just to choose an outfit that was good enough to make Drew feel impressed but not enough for him to think that I’m a slut.

I care about Drew’s opinion… a lot.

Taking his hand and carefully removing it from my cheek, I placed it back down on the soft mattress, “You need to rest,” I muttered.

He looked at me for a full minute before speaking again, “If Everett messes up, I’ll be here to pick up the pieces,” he softly mumbled as his eyes started to droop.

I doubted it because he was the one who messed up in the first place. When I heard him snore rather loudly, I knew he was no longer with me in the world of consciousness.

Walking out of the room and carefully closing the door behind me, I went back to the party scene in a huge hunt for Drew.

When I spotted his familiar mop of brown hair, I quickly paced to where it was but I instantly froze on what I saw.