Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I did my best not to get any of my ice-cream on Logan’s black shirt as I landed against his chest. I was still staring at nerd guy when Logan had spoken so I could see the obvious fear in his eyes as he took in my mate, who easily towered over him; making nerd guy seem tiny by comparison.

I was conflicted as Logan’s arms tightened around my body. I was still scared of what he would do to me when there were no witnesses around, my wolf was furious that he thought he had the right to touch me after what he had done and also extremely happy to just be close to him, having craving his touch from the time he’d thrown me out of his room this morning. The thought of that, had her fuming again.

I wanted to rip Logan a new one, but by the looks of him, he wanted to rip the human in front of us apart as he glared at the guy. I knew that if I didn’t suck it up and calm him down; he would, even though we were standing right in the middle of the mall with hundreds of people, no scratch that; humans, around.

Shifters wouldn’t dare interfere with an Alpha’s business but a human would definitely not be able to understand why a werewolf did what they did for their mates. Every werewolf was extremely possessive of their mates and it didn’t help that our wolf sides were impulsive. Those of higher rank; like Alphas and Betas, are even more driven by their emotions than others.

When our wolves are involved, it’s never a good thing because you never know what they’ll do if our human side let them take over. It looked like Logan’s wolf was gaining control. With the way he was looking, he could slaughter every human in the room without any remorse; his eyes already darkening as his claws began to extend. His agitation came through the bond loud and clear; slamming into me all at once. My already rising panic only got worse when it did.

I grabbed Logan’s face and turned him to face me. “What are you doing?!” He demanded.

“You need to calm down! There are humans everywhere, they’ll see you!” I whisper yelled; genuinely worried for my mate. I felt his hold on me loosen as he ripped his head out of my grasp and began to stalk forwards; the look in his eyes telling me that he intended to do nothing less than kill the pathetic little human cowering in front of us. I dropped my cone and grabbed his arms; pulling him back to me.

He didn’t even seem to notice me as he continued forwards; my efforts having no effect. I couldn’t think of anything else to do so I just stopped sifting through my thoughts and went with the first idea that came to mind. I jogged in front of my mate and jumped onto him; my legs latching around his waist and my arms wrapping around his shoulders. He didn’t even stumble as he took on my weight and the force of my impact. His only response was to grab my ass to keep me from slipping off of him. I grabbed his face; the little shocks that followed calming my wolf a little as a small smile unconsciously appeared on my lips.

“Logan, don’t do this. It’s not worth it.” I pleaded softly as I ran my thumbs over his cheeks; trying my best to use my wolf’s connection to his to try and calm him down. Get away from him! My wolf growled; refusing to connect with her mate in any way. I need to help him! I snap back as I began to run my fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck; doing anything to calm him down.

“Don’t try that with me, Chelsea. When we get back; you’re never fucking allowed to leave the house again.” He quietly growled. “Now, get off.” He said; before trying to push me off. I tightened my hold and did the only thing I thought would help; I kissed him.

He went rigid when my lips met his. After a while; his wolf took over and he began to respond; his wolf’s influence too strong for him to overcome, especially since he’d already begun to let his wolf side have control earlier. He grabbed my ass again; pushing me up higher to make it easier to keep contact. I bit his bottom lip and he growled softly before he willingly let me slip my tongue into his mouth; letting me enjoy the taste of him as he pulled me closer. Even through my anger; I had to admit that I was enjoying myself.