In Danger's Wake

I-I feel them. The ninja, are they here? Or... no. Ugh. What is this empty feeling?

"Jay, Jay are you here?" Did my voice even come out? I-I didn't hear it...

"Nya... why'd you go?" Jay's voice, it was pained and confused.

"Go? Where'd I go?"

Cole's voice spoke in a snarl behind me. "You left us... to join those girl ninjas, remember?"

"What? No I didn't!"

"Lying is without reason, Nya. Misako told us everything." Zane? No! I'm not lying to you...

"Heh, of all the people. I'd never expect my sister to betray me." Kai? Please don't...

The world, this empty place, it's filling with mist. My head... it's just killing me.

"I didn't! Why don't you trust me? I thought I was a ninja, I thought I was one of you guys!"

"You'll never be one of us, Nya." A blonde man stepped out of the mist, I barely recognized him from his wicked, disdainful look but... it's Lloyd, it's definitely... him.

"Lloyd, d-don't say that, please!"

"He's right you know." Cole groaned, slowly stepping out of the mist.

"Agreed." Zane snarled.

"Jay... please talk some sense into them."

"I-It hurts... I knew I should never have trusted you..."

"Jay no, please!"

A flame approached me from the mist, quickly. My brother, he growled at me, his eyes ablaze. "Don't worry Jay. This traitor'll never hurt you again. Cole. Help me get rid of this traitor."

"Gladly."

The ground tore apart under my feet and the ninja, my friends and family, faded from my view with a cackle. As I fell, I was seared by the pain of angry, relentless flames slashing me across my back.

"N-No!"

*~*

"Ah!"

A voice... who? "Oh cool. She's awake."

"Jay?" My mouth moved instinctively, he was the first person on my mind...

"Nope. I'm Wake, remember! Oh and wow. You have some pret-ty scary night terrors. I mean... it's probably because you fell asleep next to Shade." Wake giggled her annoying laugh, staring at me with the two bright green gardens on her face.

"Where have you taken me?" I barked, although I'm sure it came out more like a whimper.

Naming the place they had trapped me in was probably pointless. Black and grey metallic walls were all I saw around me. The dark space above me was... alarming to say the least. If there was a ceiling, I couldn't see it. There were doorways (without doors) on either side of the room and a highly advanced, three-screened glowing console in front of me. I saw security footage on the right one, an empty blue screen in the middle, and a bunch of... mini-screens on the left.