The City

I close my eyes; I've been on the back of this garbage truck for hours. Still on one dirt road, The road I want is the first one that intersects with this one. Yet I still haven't found it. You have to be kidding. Though it's a good thing this is a garbage truck. The guard who injured me did a good job. I've been throwing up for almost the entire ride. Don't forget I can't stem the bleeding. Since nothing here is sanitary I can't wrap it. It's easily seven by the look of it, And I can't feel my legs from sitting on the small ledge at the back of the truck for so long. But that's not what I'm worried about. I'm sick to my stomach, and my vision is only alright.

To be completely honest, I didn't think I would make it this far. I know how to get to the city, but what then? Do I just become a homeless kid for the rest of my life? No. They'd find me. And do what? Kill me? Beat me until I can't stand and do it for days. Do I just wait around for the Imperium to find me? I mean, they have to know where I'm going. But I don't have the tracking clothes. But it's the only option I have. Then all of this will have been for nothing. What do I do? Then I see it. In the distance is a long winding road with pavement. I guess that's for past me to worry about.

As the truck approaches the road I get up. And though I can't feel my legs, I prepare for the jump. My vision starts to spin, and whirl. When the road is less than five feet away I jump. I can't see the ground clearly, so I don't really know where to land. I feel my stomach lurch and for a second I feel nothing but air around my already bruised body. Then my body slams the ground, jerking all the breath from me. I can feel my whole body crumble under the impact. If I thought standing was bad.

Jumping off a fast moving car was the worst possible thing I could do. I can't see, or open my eyes that much. My whole body burns, and my vision makes everything brighter in sets of three. My lungs are on fire, and there's nothing I can do. I close my eyes and groan in pain. Don't be such a wimp Seth. I try to tell myself. But I'm not exactly one for trying to be a good person. So me being me, I sit there for another hour, like the lazy ass wimp I am. But I can't move anyway.

After my body begins to regain some feeling I slowly stand up. Which is as much of an mistake as jumping of the truck was. I feel my stomach churn and I begin to dry heave, everything already been removed from my body. My vision spins and again three of everything is visible. I can feel everything in my body leave. All the food from past weeks leave and I feel worse than before. My legs get weak and I really want to lie down. But I know If I lie down now, I'll never get up. I move my feet one step at a time. And head in the direction of the city. I have to make it. Just that far.

It's almost 2 in the afternoon when I arrive. My legs are sore as hell and I don't think I can stand up straight. I actually start staggering, and cannot move in a straight line to save my life. Around me cars rush by. People are laughing and talking on their cell phones. And quite frankly the world is spinning. I walk along sidewalks. I receive a shit load of strange looks. Mothers pull their children away from me and even the homeless look at me with sympathy. I glance at a window and see three of me.

All three look like garbage. Well I was with a lot of it. My face is so pale and pasty it looks green. My matted and mangled hair sticks to my sweaty body, and sticking out in odd angles as well. My jeans are ripped, and that bullet grazed much deeper than I had anticipated, as it is still trickling very small amounts of blood every time I moved my leg. My eyes resembled that of a sleep deprived insane mad scientist. I need to keep moving, or I'll never make it anywhere.

That's when I start to wonder if the Imperium knows. Are some adults members of Imperium? Do they know I escaped? Are they after me? I begin to hyperventilate. I see a nearby alley and dash into it as fast as I can with my sight being what it is. My feet pound against the rough uneven cobblestone pavement. The air in my lungs feels unnatural and everything becomes fuzzy. I'm in no condition to run, but what if they catch me?