Outside The Lines {23} END

I rang the doorbell and waited. The door creaked open and Galen peaked his head out, narrowing his eyes suspiciously.

                “You’re here for my big brother,” he said.

                “I come here for Dimitri almost every day Galen,” I said patiently.

                Galen’s eyes slid past me and widened a little. “Who’s the pretty girl, Theo?”

                Thalia laughed. “I’m his sister,” she said, slinging her arm around my shoulders. “I’m Thalia. You must be Galen. Dimitri talks about you a lot.”

                “Because Dimmy loves me,” Galen said happily, pulling the door open and letting us into the house.

                Galen took Thalia’s hand in his. “Come on! Dimmy and daddy are playing in the living room,” he said, dragging Thalia towards the living room.

                “Why do you hate me?” I asked him with a pout as I followed them.

                “Because you’re trying to take my brother from me! Dimmy loves me more,” he said smugly, sticking his tongue out at me.

                “We’ve been dating for 6 months,” I grumbled. “Give me a break already.”

                We entered the living room and I couldn’t help but smile a little. Dimitri and his dad were sitting on the floor, playing cards together. His mom was sitting on the couch with a glass of wine, watching them. Kim was sitting on the other couch, texting.

                It had been 6 months since I had won Dimitri back in pool. We were doing absolutely amazing with our relationship. We had had our heated moments, but never anything sexual. Dimitri only went as far as I wanted. He never pressured me for more. I think he knew that I felt special being in a nonsexual relationship with him.

                I had introduced Dimitri as my boyfriend to my parents, and they had accepted it easily. My dad liked to bust my balls over it every once in a while, but other than that, they were fully supportive.

                Dimitri’s parents had forgiven me for hurting Dimitri. They were really great parents, other than ignoring his promiscuous tendencies. His dad still scared the hell out of me, but he was much kinder to me now that he saw how happy his son was.

                I watched Dimitri and Mr. Ivanov play cards. Galen dragged Thalia over to the couch Kim was on and forced her to sit. He jumped up next to her. Kim shifted and pulled Galen into her lap, and he smiled and giggled at her.

                Dimitri slapped his hand down on the cards just a moment before Mr. Ivanov. Mrs. Ivanov winced at the sound it made when her husband smacked his hand on top of Dimitri’s.

                “Ow,” Dimitri said calmly. “That was painful, father dearest.”

                “Sorry Dimitri,” Mr. Ivanov said apologetically, pulling his hand away.

                “I believe I’ve won again. I also believe that my little Theodore has finally arrived,” he said, standing up.

                “Come here Dimitri,” Mrs. Ivanov said, motioning him over.

                He strut over to the couch she was on, giving her a curious look. She reached out and tucked a loose strand of purple hair back into his fohawk and fixed the gold vest he was wearing over black button-up shirt.