Chapter 16

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lift it with my foot and toss the sword off the the side. Now it's even. Sort of...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He stares at the sword in confusion, clearly to stupid to realize what just happened. I regain his attention with a quick left jab to his gut. He groans and grips his stomach. Years of practice have made me quick and strong. Many people think I'm weak because I'm a girl. News flash, I'm not.  I put my fists up and taunt him. He lunges forward and tries to grab my legs. But I am already behind him. I sigh and decide to end it. I jab my fists into two pressure points on his neck. His body responds by stiffening and slamming down on the hard packed dirt. The instructors look at me weird my before declaring me the winner. Two men come up to take the boy to healing when I interjected.
"He's gonna come back in an hour of so. It was pulled as to not kill him." They pale for a moment before nodding and lifting his body. Away the men carry him, past the stunned instructors and students. Amipere comes up from her perch on the sidelines and lands on my shoulder. She purrs loudly and starts to glare at the instructors, who are still staring. They come out of their shock and pull the next two up and the cycle starts again. Eventually, I am called up again. I still win but this time I have to exert a little energy. I win all my matches until I get called up into the finals. I am going against a tall, brown haired boy who is also from Stoneheart. He grins and gets into position. I keep relaxed and stand idly, waiting for his move.