Chapter 54: Rats, Rats, Rats

I was blissfully unaware of my predicament until the car came to a sharp halt, and I jolted awake

I glanced over to my left and my stomach did a summersault. Vince. He'd killed those men. Kidnapped me. Shot Bobby and left Maria. It all came back to me again and I shifted as far as way to him in my seat as I could. My hands were tied still tied behind my back and were pins and needles beneath my ass, so I pulled them up and situated myself the best I could in my awkward spot. I was frantic, disoriented, and there was a tightness in my chest that could only be fear in it's ugliest form.

Vince on the other hand, was calm and focused. His knuckles were white around the steering wheel. We sat in the parking lot of Taco Bell.

When I woke up from the drug coma he'd put me in, it was a lot darker outside. Vince didn't have any music on the car so we sat in silence. He hadn't blindfolded me either and there was no longer a piece of cloth in my mouth. My stomach felt queasy, so I pressed my hands against it as if that would calm it down. I was too afraid to specifically ask where we were.

He dialed a number on his phone and brought it to his ear. "It's Vince. I have your friend here." He situated the phone so that it was in front of me and took out his gun. "Speak."

I stared down the barrel of the gun. "H–hello?"

"Letty," a deep breathed out in relief. Todd. My heart leapt. "Jesus Christ... I'm so glad you're alright. I'll explain everything–"

Vince ripped the phone away. "Me again, Toddy-pants. I've been thinking more clearly and I've decided we're meeting on my terms, or else Cherry dies. Bring the twenty-mil to the address I texted you. Clean exchange. Don't fück with me."

He hung up.

Vince pulled out of the parking lot and raced down the highway, pulling off a ways down somewhere else. We both inspected the grimy looking motel in front of us. For a moment I wondered if we were at the same motel where we'd left Robert and Maria, but the fact that there were no lights on in any of the room told me that was not the case and I'd been out cold for hours.

Then he reached across the divider into my passenger seat. I was already tied and coming off a hell of a lot of drugs, so fighting him had been an absolute joke. Still, I tried to smack him with my tied wrists and screamed. He grabbed me, pushed open his door, and then easily hauled me across the gears, over his seat, and out of the driver's side. My tailbone smacked into the gearshift on the way out, and then my back did, when he pressed me against the car door.

"Stop screaming!" Vince snarled, and I did because, well...he was terrifying.

Vince cut the ties on my ankles, and with a gun pressed against the back of my head; Vince led me by the upper arm towards the motel. It was snowing. I was only wearing a pair of leggings, my bra, and Ferro's black dress shirt. My hair was wet. I wasn't wearing shoes. To say I was freezing, uncomfortable, and longing to get a great continent away from Vince La Morte, was an understatement.