Chapter 27

(Eva's POV)

"Cmon everyone in the pack house now!" I scream and start helping everyone into the basement.

30 minutes later I finally have all the women and children in the pack house. I was about to change when I saw him.

"Braxton?" He snaps his head towards me and orders his warriors to head to the fight without him.

"Evangeline. You must get inside your basement with all the other women and children."

"No my father and brother are out there I'm not leaving them! I can fight!"

"No you can't! I've seen you fight. You are well trained but not experienced enough for this go inside the basement now!"

"No you don't own me!" I push him out the way and ignore the Sparks that shoot up my arm. He grabs my hand and it takes all my self control not to kiss him.

"Go. Inside. Now." He starts to shake with anger and I pull my arm out of his iron grip.

"No. I'm not some helpless she wolf."

"I can not protect you and myself out there!"

"I can take care of myself Alpha Braxton." I roll my eyes and begin to walk away.

"Max! Take my mate inside the pack basement under no circumstance is she to be let out. You are to watch her! Carry her inside if you have too." I turn to see a buff guy walk towards me and before I could turn to run outside I'm picked up and thrown over a shoulder. I see Braxton run outside and change into his wolf.

"Let me go! How dare you!"

"My apologies, but I have my orders as do you." I kick, scream, yell, wiggle, anything and everything I could do to get out of Max's arms.

Finally I hear a door open, and I'm thrown onto the floor. Gasped are heard from around the room and an elderly women helps me up,

"Are you alright dear?"

"I'm fine. Throw me like that again and you'll be sorry," max rolls his eyes and closes the door.

"Is everyone ok?" I hear crying and it's a mother who's holding her baby.

"My baby! I lost her outside I don't know where she went I tried to tell the guards that but they wouldn't listen! You have ... You have to help me get her back.. Please..." She whispers but breaks out into tears again.

I look down at the baby and it reminds me of my brothers and I. I can't let her go out with me. The kids will have no one if she dies.

"I'll get her. You need to stay here and take care of your baby. What's your daughters name?"

"Em.. Emily"

"Ok. I need everyone's help. How do you get out of here besides the front door?"

This time a girl my age spoke up.

"There's a back door. It's behind the fridge. We aren't suppose to use it and it's hidden by bushes on the other side. Your father forbid it, said it could endanger us all if the rogues saw us sneak out of it."