twenty-eight

part two of twenty seven

Third Person's POV

Miyun hastily rushed out of her house due to excitement, her heart racing so fast. Her eyes then landed on Taehyung who was sitting on a bench in front of their house. She was wearing house clothes from top to bottom but her clothes were decent enough to go outside so she didn't think of changing.

It was late at night, it was 11:37 pm. It was scary but Miyun didn't mind too since she knew Taehyung was sitting there just in their front porch. At least she could have some company for the night. Miyun's sister could just laugh when she saw her run out of their front door.

Miyun was too cute, and her sister thought that she was in love in the most adorable way.

"Kim Taehyung!" Miyun called Taehyung, arching forward, her palms landing on both her knees as she bent down whilst hyperventilating. Taehyung turned his head to her, surprised.

"Why... are you in front of my house?" Miyun shot her head up and chuckled. Taehyung just gave her an apathetic look and shrugged his shoulders.

"I just want to." Taehyung non-chalantly said. Miyun was about to ask another question but she stopped herself. She wanted to know why he really is in front of their house but she didn't want him to get mad.

She didn't hesitate and sit near him in the bench, her palms both landing on her lap as she tried to sit up straight. Taehyung, surprised at the sudden contact, moved to his right slowly to get some distance. Miyun bit her lip nervously and tapped her fingers against her skin, trying to think of something to talk about.

"Do you have a watch, Taehyung?" She asked eagerly, turning to look at him immediately. Her eyes landed on Taehyung's wrist that had a watch on it. She grabbed his hand and moved it closer to her so she can see better.

"Oh, you do have one. It's already 11:40 pm." she announced, scanning what's on the small watch. Taehyung pulled his hand away and faced his back at her. Slightly confused, she suddenly realized that he probably didn't want her there and it was bugging her so much.

She looked up to the dark nighsky. It was starless— or maybe almost starless. It wasn't desolate nor was it a beautiful like to look at. There weren't a lot of stars in the sky that she wanted to talk about— and even if there were she isn't really a fan of astrology anyway.

"The nightsky is empty. It reminds me of barren fields a lot, you know, like the movies." She muttered with a pout. "I can count only two of three stars. I don't like it when the sky is starless, how about you?" She asked Taehyung.

He didn't move nor reply a word. Still stoic and cold as ever, of course. She bit her lower lip even harder. And so, she felt the need to leave.

"I'm going now Taehyung, I guess you don't want me here anyway." She said, standing up quickly to avoid further embarrassment. She was trying hard not to sound so disappointed and even fake-laughed after talking.

Before making her move, she suddenly felt Taehyung hold her wrist before she was able to walk back to her house. "I hate starless skies too." He continued, surprising Miyun a bit.

A smile formed in Miyun's lips as she thought that he wanted her to stay.

"My life is empty already, it's pretty surprising how starless skies can make it emptier." He said, later on comfortably leaning his head on Miyun's shoulder.

Chills ran down Miyun's spine. Her heart was pounding even before she knew it. Taehyung never became this close to her.

She began thinking of random weird things like, 'How about if my shoulder is not comfortable enough?', 'How about if he finally gets tired of my shoulder and decides to stop leaning on it early?'