Chapter Eight

"You have beautiful eyes." He said, "Smooth." I said and giggled. Do guys call it giggling? Did I just giggle?

"You have a way with ruining moments, don't you?" He said and his lips curled into a small smile. "I told you. I've never had moments." I said.

"You have this one."

The boy took my hand in his. He has been holding my hand from time to time the whole night but right now it had a whole new meaning.

My heart was raising and my body felt ridiculously electrified. It was the moment his hand grazed mine.

"Your hands are huge." I hovered my thumb over his. "Yours are just small, shorty." He gave me a glare. "Who's the giant?" He asked. "Who's called shorty?" He shook his head. "You're getting meaner by the hour, curly." He said. "It comes with sleep deprivation."

I looked at him and he looked at me and we both just smiled. Everything I've done so far is probably the best I've done in my entire life. Everything with Shorty. Shorty. What a terrible name to call him in my head. And I suddenly regret ever bringing that name up.

"It's weird." He scrunched his brows. "What's weird, Curly?" He asked. "I think to myself a lot," I began. "And tonight I've been thinking of everything we're doing and you. It's just weird that I think about you and I don't know what to call you in my head. It seems weird to call you shorty too. It's just really weird." He laughed. It wasn't that kind of laugh where he just laughs. It was the kind where he leans back and his eyes are squeezed shut and it was boisterous. "You know, if it helps with that curious, curly head of yours, my name isn't exactly Tommo. It's just some sort of street name, I guess." He said. "That one little thing I know about your identity. You have killed my sense of false hope."

"You sure are honest with your thoughts, Curly." The blue eyed boy said in surrender. "I don't see what's wrong with telling you how ridiculous it is to think about what you're doing and saying 'Shorty did this'." I cringed. "Honestly, do you enjoy calling me Curly in your head?" He laughed some more but it wasn't as loud as before. "I do but you had your ID pinned on your polo the whole time." I immediately snatched the ID from where it's clipped and I must have looked mortified because he laughed some more. "But I really thought you were a runaway groom though."

This small card is the only thing binding me to the wretched man and that horrendous magazine of his. I love to write but I won't do it for Wes anymore.

Gripping the small object in my hands, I decided to throw it away. I watch its trajectory towards a faraway place. Someone would pick it up but who would care? It's useless. To them and to myself.

"Won't you need that?" He asked. "I don't want to go back. It doesn't matter. It only has my name anyway. Nothing harmful." He smiled. "Feel free yet?" He asked. "I feel like all the liberty life owed me has been paid off." I answered. "Already? We're not even done with this place yet." He took my hand and led me towards a door that said "Do not enter, personnel only" and this boy being, well....him, he went in anyway.

"Stay here." I nodded and he went further inside the room. I could hear him rummaging around. I brush my hand around the wall, trying to feel the light switch but before I could even find it, shorty (it's so weird calling him that in my head, I'm running out of adjectives to use) came back with two diving suits.

"Wanna swim with the dolphins?" He asked. "Is the water even clean?" I retaliated. "Does it matter when you're having fun?" He fired back. "Yes if it gets you sick." He shrugged. "Well, I can swim on my own while you watch me laugh with the dolphins." He handed me the other suit and he walked towards what looked like the shower area. "You'll choke on water if you laugh!" I yelled and he laughed.

"You're still a fucking kill joy, big giant."

--

i have over a hundred reads! 

i want to cry tears of bliss

to the 117 people who read this book

here's a cookie