Chapter Five

"There are bandages in the glove compartment," Edward said hurriedly, glancing at his friend as he sped down the mostly empty streets, trying to get to one of the main roads. Back to Gotham.

"J-Just focus on driving," Jonathan instructed as he fumbled with the handle of the compartment with his free hand, the other clutching his bleeding side. The knife had been shoved cleanly into his abdomen and there was no telling if Zsasz had hit something. It was frightening. Shannon was out there alive somewhere, she had been hiding from Zsasz, he knew it... Now he was dead. His dear wife would soon come out into the open so he could find her.. That was if he was alive come that time. There was a lot of blood.

"We need to get to a hospital," Edward muttered under his breath as Jonathan pushed the thick bandages to his middle to collect the blood.

"No! N-no hospital!" He was insistent but Edward shook his head. The man needed a doctor. "They will arrest me again, Edward! No!"

"You get sent in, I'll get you out," Edward grumbled out in reply as he pulled out quickly onto the main road, cutting off an expensive looking red sports car which honked loudly at them. "I'm not going to have you die, Jonathan, whether you're ready to go or not."

"Edward-!"

"Shut up!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Paranoia paced the floor of the motel room she was inhabiting, Dr. Fries and Billy watching on.

"You need to calm down," Paranoia told her other self gently as she could, "Just because he's killed Zsasz does not mean he is coming for you."

"Of course he is!" Shannon argued, absolutely brimming with hope of rejoining her husband, running away to some nice place where they would be safe. He could make her safe, she knew he could. "He loves me, he will come back."

"He thinks you are dead, you idiot," Paranoia hissed but Shannon shook her head.

"No! No... He knows I'm alive, he knows!"

"How the hell would he know-"

"Shannon..?" The voice of Dr. Fries broke the girl from her trance. Soft brown eyes found the doctor before they hardened to their usual coldness, the one that Paranoia maintained.

"Yes, Doctor?" she asked evenly, noting his narrow eyes and Billy's concerned look.

"Shannon, why were you talking to yourself..?" Dr. Fries questioned. The girl's lips pursed into a flat line. "Am I speaking to Shannon right now?"

"No," she said quietly, glancing away. Her eyes found the television where police were arriving on the scene of Zsasz's death. Shannon cringed slightly but Paranoia stood strong. She was not afraid of the man as Shannon was. "I'm protecting her... Someone has to."

"Shannon... This isn't good for your mind, you need to-"

"Jonathan is her psychologist. He is the only one I will allow her to speak with," Paranoia said stubbornly, "No one else. The others will only upset her."

"Shannon-" A knock at the door interrupted any further arguments and Paranoia shut the television off. Standing, Billy went to the door to let Scarface into the room.

"Thanks kid. How's my best girl? Lookin' good, leg feelin' alright?" Scarface asked, the Ventriloquist standing solemnly as he held the lively puppet.

"Yes, Dr. Fries did an excellent job... What do you need, sir?" Paranoia asked coolly.

"Gotta meeting I want ya to go to. Take Billy here with ya, put one on one of the dresses I got ya to show off- might take a little bit extra to convince these guys that my product is better than the rest."

"Of course, sir," Paranoia smiled before her eyes moved to find the doctor. "I think I will be just fine now, Dr. Fries. I'm sure you have other work to do as well.."

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I am back everyone! :D

Jonathan: No! Go back from whatever corner of hell you came, I do not want you near me!

Edward: Just ignore her!

Jonathan: Whenever she shows up, bad things happen!

Me: Oh hush, you know you missed me. I had stuff to do in my own world before I could attend to you.

Edward: Wait... How long have you been gone?

Me: Long enough to make people irritated with me... But hopefully I can start making up for lost time!