Chapter 27.

Sinking Man by Of Monsters and Men

Thank you! Thank you! Holy crap, each and every one of you are incredible. I feel like hugging everyone right now :)

I realize everyone has a problem with Landyn's beast. They keep trying to compare losing control and blacking out like that to something else.

We honestly have no idea what it's like to lose control like that. The only thing I can compare it to is Multiple Personality Disorder. And you wouldn't go up to someone with that disorder and tell them their faking it and they should be able to control it. No.

While a personality is in control of that persons body, they are helpless and out of control completely. Then, when that person finally gets control back, they are left to pick up the pieces.
I'm not justifying Landyn's actions. I'm just saying we have no idea what it's like to have someone else in our head.

I did a project on this disorder and it's hard for people. If anyone has seen United States of Tara, you know what happens.

I just wanted people to keep that in mind.

This chapter is really bringing out my soft side, so beware.

PRIVATE CHAPTERS ARE UP! Go check it out if you want.

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------

Landyn and I drove through the night. We switched spots a few times so the other could take a nap, and rest. A few pit stops and we were back on the road.

Currently, we were driving up a grass hill to the coven grounds. Tipi's come into view first, then children. A lot of children. They ran around playing and laughing as adults walked around and did their daily tasks. Usually the teenagers would be in a witching class, learning about spells and how to control their powers.

Women were clad in long skirts and shirts or long dresses. White witches didn't believe in showing off their bodies, especially their legs. They believed only their husbands could see their bodies so intimately. Yes, the legs are an intimate body part to them.

White witches had a lot in common with Native Americans actually. Natives were the only humans that knew of our existence. They were very trustworthy people with advanced hunting skills, and strong warriors.

The men were dressed in either jeans and a shirt or knee length shorts and a shirt. Nothing special. Men got to where shorts because no one looks at big hairy legs, and thinks of something sexy. At least I don't.

As we neared the camp, children noticed and ran towards the car. The witches and men knew we weren't a threat so they only looked on. Just as Landyn stopped the car, children surrounded and tapped on it. Landyn was smiling. Why is he smiling? We slowly open our doors, careful not to hit the children.

"Alpha Landyn!" I hear the children scream and laugh in excitement. How do these kids know Landyn? I walk over to the drivers side with two little girl holding my hands, and others trailing behind me.

Little boys from toddlers to seven year olds surrounded Landyn with big smiles. The kids seemed so tiny compared to Landyn's giant form. Landyn had the biggest smile on his face while he high fived some of the older boys. Again, how do these kids know him?