Chapter 17

Ade's P.O.V

Imagine waking up on Sunday morning to find out your family is in trouble and then you think you're doing right by offering to marry the mafias son, turns out it was Caleb who I loved, but he lied to me all along. I can't believe I'm being made to marry the man who caused me so much pain, I never asked for this I wanted to help my family but it just led me too more trouble, he's threatened me and just ruined my relationship. I have to put my family first and everyone knows that. "I'll marry you on one condition." I think it's fair to have terms and conditions. "I won't sleep with you anymore and I want my own room. And as soon as one of us fall for one or the other we get a divorce." I don't know why I said that and I felt really stupid for saying it because I knew that I wouldn't get a divorce if I loved him it would be too hard.

"You've slept with me before why can't it happen again." I felt so stupid but I didn't even think of that and obviously I should've thought about that first but I didn't and here I am trying to think off something to say and talking to myself in my head. "Right, I know that but I'm telling you now it will never happen again. I can't get involved with you. I'm doing this for my family and my family only Xavier, if you push me too hard I will leave you and I will expose you and your family." I regretted saying that but it's true I will know everything about them. "I understand, I want to make some conditions." Great!

"You're going to be my wife so I want you to share my bed but I won't force you to do anything until you want too like I always do. When you want to leave you can, you just can't leave without warning I have to know everything you do. You know that once you and me get married you'll have constant bodyguards everywhere you go.

You will be at risk Texas and I won't allow anything to happen to you." What the hell is that supposed to mean? I'm just going to get strung along I already know. "Please just promise me Caleb, please don't hurt me." I don't know what come over me but I just started to cry I felt so vulnerable and it wasn't good.

"I promise, just promise you won't start seeing Mason again." I nodded in agreement and proceeded to leave, I have to get my stuff and I wanted to do it quickly, my family aren't quite sure what I'm doing but they know I'm trying to fix our family. "Where are you going?" Oh yeah our agreement. "I have to go and tell my parents Caleb I can't just up and leave and not tell them what I've done." Every time I called him Caleb he would flinch.

"Please don't call me that anymore, it's not my name Texas you know that." I don't know why but Caleb suited him better.. "But I only know you as my Caleb." Oh dear I didn't mean to say my Caleb. "Well now you can know me as your Xavier." I started to blush I don't know why but I did that every time I was with him.