11|The Game

Nandini's POV

"Nandu, you home honey?" I hear Jenny's voice as she enters my room. I don't reply. I am leaning on the pillow, trying to clear my head of all the shit from the day.

"What happened to you?" She squeals, looking at my face.

I have no clue what I look like. If it's anything like the way I feel, I could use a mask, I suppose.

"I want you to fire the bodyguard. I don't need him anymore." I say flatly. I am so done with that guy.

"What happened?" She repeats.

"Nothing. Just get rid of him." I say, waving my arm in front of my face. Enough of Manik Malhotra affecting me.

"Oh dear! What happened to your arm?" She gasps and grabs my hand firmly.

"It was nothing. Just a small accident. I was walking on the road, and a car tried to squish me. Dhruv saved me, though."

"Forgot to look around before crossing the road?" She says sternly.

"I was um.. a little distracted. And angry." Yeah, a little.

"Why?"

"Because that good for nothing bodyguard was busy flirting with random bitches instead of doing his job." I blurt out angrily.

Jenny cocks an eyebrow at me. I can see a slight smile creeping up her face.

"He is not going anywhere, honey. I am sure he is very good at his job and we have no reason to sack him." She says calmly.

"No! Jenny, listen..." I start to shout but she cuts in.

"That's final. We are not having this discussion again."

I glare at her.

"Nandu, you need to relax a bit and think about what is actually bothering you. Stop jumping the gun and start introspecting, dear! I am sure you will feel better." She pecks my forehead and leaves the room.

Okay.
Mission Introspection begins.

What is it that's really bothering me? Mainly the fact that Manik went against me and agreed for the match. I am the fucking boss, after all. So basically, my ego is hurt. And he also had the audacity to be angry at me. That too after disobeying me and flirting with that Alia. What does he think of himself? Why was he even angry? Was it because he thought Dhruv and I are involved?

Don't you have your lovely boyfriend to boss around. His words from earlier in the evening come back to me and I instantly feel...kind of happy? Would he possibly be affected if I had a boyfriend? Why, though? He doesn't know me and must think I am a bitch. This particular though makes my head heavy...with what? Sadness? No way. But, if he actually knew me, what would he think about me.....

I am startled at the sudden change in the direction of my thoughts. At the beginning of this stupid introspecting thingy, I thought I would be convinced that Manik is a jerk and needs to be thrown out, by the end of it. But here I am, wondering why he was angry and what not!

Fuck. This is so complicated. Until a few minutes ago, I was adamant on getting him fired. I am not so sure about that anymore. Do I really want him and...his angelic face and his hot bod and his sweet smile gone?

I guess not.

Thinking about this frustrating guy, who has turned my life upside down in just two days, I doze off.

...........

We are driving to college in complete silence. I am still furious and Manik looks a little apprehensive. His expression is guarded but I can see relief on his face. What is it that he is relieved about?