Chapter Ten: I Can't Love An Old Man

I couldn't remove my gaze from the mirror. I didn't understand how, but I knew for a fact that where I had been running my fingers across my shoulder there used to be a large bullet wound. All that was left was the tiniest scar that couldn't have been much larger than the tip of my pinkie.

A sharp knock on the door startled me. I jumped, quickly pulling my shirt collar back to its correct place. I ran a hand through my wet hair from the shower I had just taken and stepped toward the door.

I attached my hand to the knob just starting to turn it when the door was pushed open.

"Oops," I said stumbling backward as the door swung toward me. In the door way, taking place of the door, stood Kieran looking godly as ever.

I could tell immediately that he was a bit more nervous than earlier which confused me. His shoulders were tense along with his structured jawline. He watched my every move like a hawk although there wasn't really anything to watch. I just stood there with wide eyes watching him. He was biting the inside of his cheek-that was obvious. His gaze was mainly focused on my shoulder, but also searching the rest of my body for what I'm guessing was more wounds.

"I'm okay. I hit her more than she hit me," I said trying to ease the tension of the atmosphere. It didn't really seem to lessen it at all. If anything, it made it worse. "Is Marilyn alright?"

"Yeah. Bolton got the bullet out. It was coated with silver so she went into shock and it knocked her out. Pack-wolves use them on other wolves when they want to keep them alive for transport. She'll wake up soon," he said still seeming as if he were almost as dead as the redhead.

I didn't know how to calm him. Hell, I barely knew him. I know his first name and that's all. I don't know how old he is or his last name. I don't know anything besides the fact that he's some godly wolf thing.

Gulping back every ounce of fear I had, I felt like I had to do something. I took a deep breath and walked toward him. I slowly reached for his hand. My first thought as I held his hand in mine was that his hands were freaking huge. I felt so small next to him and now I felt almost childlike holding his large hand.

I gave a him a small smile and squeezed his hand in reassurance.

"I'm okay. I swear," I said again. His eyes shifted in color a bit. I didn't mention it.

"You know, my shoulder kind of hurts, though. Think you could rub it a little?" I asked thinking maybe if he thought he were helping me somehow he wouldn't seem so angry.

He nodded with a look in his eye that made me glad that he no longer had a gun in his hand.

He didn't make an effort to move, so I began pulling him toward the bed. I narrowed my gaze on the object that we had been sleeping together in  just hours ago.

I honestly thought that was going to be the craziest thing that happened today. Guess I was wrong.

I sat down on the edge of unmade bed with Kieran behind me. Immediately his hands rubbed away at my shoulders. He didn't say a single word, but it was one of the most pleasing feelings I had experienced.

"What's your name?" I asked trying to get some answers to questions that should have been asked days ago.

"You know my name," he answered swiftly.

"You know what I mean." A moment passed before he spoke up again.

"Kieran Mina," he finally said. I thought about it for a moment, a smile slowly forming on my face. "And yours?" He asked causing my smile to fade.

"I don't know, but they call me Arden Aldridge. Well, the nicer of them," I said not wanting to bring up being called The Lunatic. "How old are you?" I said switching the subject from me.