[23] Hyde

My breath hitches in my throat as the pain continues to worsen. This is the worst pain that I have ever been in. Half of my body may be burned but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the fact that my sister is dead and it's all my fault. If I would have just turned myself in. . . . none of this would have happened. Sarah would still be alive and well.

The voices above me begin to fade in and out as I replay the explosion back in my head. I should have been paying closer attention to my surroundings. When I felt that uneasiness, I should have known something was going to happen. I look up towards the ceiling the white bright lights moving fast as we speed down the hall. I turn my head to see three nurses all in white rushing me towards a room, my eyes closing as I feel sick to my stomach.

"Hyde?" The voice questions, my eyes opening in response.

I turn my head to the left to see Tony looking down at me. I keep quiet looking away from him.

"Hyde," his voice is soft and tender, "we need to operate on you. You have third degree burns on half of your face all the way down half your neck, chest, and arm. I have some of the best surgeons working on you."

"Just let me die." I croak out my voice dusty.

"Hyde," Tony whispers, "you don't want that. We don't want that."

"I'm already dead." I whisper gripping his forearm.

Tony pulls away from me. Tears forming in his eyes as he takes a couple of steps towards the nurses. "Let's give him 20mg of morphine stat. You need to start working. Now."

I start to feel drowsy as soon as a nurse puts a mask over my face. "I need you to count to ten with me Eden."

"One," She whispers.

"Two," I whisper shutting my eyes as the heaviness of sleep starts to take over.

"Three," She whispers and this time I'm completely out.

-

I stare blankly ahead, looking at the view of New York. It's gorgeous, it truly is. With one last look I finally turn around heading back towards my bed. I've been in this hospital or whatever you want to call it for four days now. The surgery went fine. It went well actually. The doctors say I'll be just fine.

I pick up the mirror that Bruce brought for me. Holding it up so that I can see half of my new face. My right half of my face is now made up of metal along with half my neck, chest, and all the way down to my right arm. The glowing red eye reflects back into the mirror.

There's a loud knock on my door. The door opens slowly. Turning to look over my shoulder I see Natasha standing there dressed in black skinny jeans, a red v-neck shirt, and a black leather jacket. Her bright green eyes lighting up as I look at her. She wears a smile on her face, the one that I fell in love with.

I turn back around. I'm now a completely different person. Colder, more aggressive, I am the person that my father and them have always wanted me to be. A weapon of destruction.

Deep down. . . . inside my soul. Within it. There's a darkness. My own inner demons trying to claw their way out. Something I cannot blame my father for. Because my own inner demons are not his fault, their mine.

I am Hyde.

Vote-Comment-Etc

A/N- Hey guys. This is the last chapter to Hyde....I know it's so sad. But don't get to sad because there's going to be a sequel called "Passive" and I can't wait to write more of Hyde and his story. There's going to be a character introduced and I can't wait for you guys to meet her. Thanks for all the support it truly has been absolutely amazing and I cannot thank each and everyone of you who have voted and comment. I love you guys so much and cannot again wait to get on "Passive". The cover to Passive will be up top as soon as I can get it again. It's what I imagined Hyde to look like after the accident and surgery.

I thought it would be really cool to make him look half robotic so I hope you guys like it. He also has a human robotic sounding voice kinda like The Arrow's voice but a little deeper haha. The cover was made by my wonderful brother TorchwoodOfficial  thank you so much. You guys should go check out his book "Haunter" It's a totally amazing vampire book. It will probably take a couple of days to get the "Passive" cover up but as soon as it is done I'll put it up for you guys so you can see the finally result.

Merry Christmas to you all in advance and again thank you all so much for all that you have done!  Lots of love- Tori