eleven

monday

"hi." i slightly smile to jack as i enter his office.

he doesn't acknowledge my presence and proceeds with his work. he lifts the phone up from his desk and dials a number, holding it into his ear. his deep voice speaks after two seconds.

"alexa, come and get the files." he says before hanging up, probably not letting the poor woman reply.

"i can bring them." i tell him, pursing my lips. "it is kind of my job."

"alexa is a new employee. i want her to get used to the building." he mumbles in response.

not replying, i take a seat in the chair. this is super uncomfortable and it's my fault. i declined his date. what was i supposed to do? make it even more awkward by going on a date with him?

i look down at my fingernails and just think. i wonder if blake's here today. soon, there's a short a crisp knock on the door, causing me to stand and open it. a pretty, blonde woman enters the room, giving me a brief smile, but an even bigger one to jack.

jack politely stands from his seat and hands her the folders. they both exchange wide smiles and i feel my stomach start to grow uneasy.

"are you liking it here so far?" jack grins at alexa.

she nods her head, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, "yes, thank you."

"i'll walk you out." he tells her, placing his hand on her lower back and i feel the sudden need to kick him in the shin.

his quickly glances at me before exiting the room. i let out a loud sigh, falling back down into my seat, but am instantly startled by a voice.

"you okay?" olivia chirps and i put my hand over my heart.

"jesus, olivia. you scared me." i laugh and she beams.

"your sigh was pretty loud."

"you're always around this area, huh?" i raise an eyebrow.

"this is where i'm stationed." she snorts.

"oh, right." i then put my hand on my forehead. "why didn't i think of that?"

"so..." she steps into the room slowly, gazing around. "where's gilinsky?"

i shrug, "with an employee named alexa."

"oh. i heard she's new here." olivia gives me a crooked smile. "at first, i thought he wasn't hiring, but here she is."

my eyebrows pull together... that's right! jack did say he wasn't hiring anyone, but maybe she got the job because of her looks? if alexa got the job, what does that mean for johnson?

"what are you thinking about?" olivia asks, taking a seat next to me in a comfy chair.

i shake my head, "it's nothing."

"must be something if you looked like you just saw the most confusing problem ever." her voice is suddenly curt and sarcastically.

she isn't her formal self anymore and i like this side of olivia much, much more.

"well, my friend applied-" i start, but then hear a sharp, cold tone that makes shivers run down my spine.

"i don't pay the both of you to just sit around. olivia, get back to work." he snaps and she scurries up from her seat.

"he's grumpy." olivia mutters before exiting the room.

he strides around his desk and sits down. he looks straight at me and that's when i observe his formal outfit. he looks so good in suits.

"your tie is crooked." i point out, my eyes widening because that sounded so rude and disrespectful.

"i'm sorry i wasn't in the mood to make it look nice." his eyelids lower, turning into a glare.

my lips twist with semi-shock, "want me to fix it." i offer.

"why not?" his face remains impassive as he throws his hands up in defeat.

he leans back in a slouch in his chair, but then quickly sits up when he sees me going around to actually help him. it's the least i could do, but then again, he might've been joking.

he lifts his head and i ask him to stand. he does so and i take hold of his tie, fixing it to look more straighter. i start by looping it and he lets out a deep exhale. i feel his fingers graze my hips before his right hand completely stays there.

i try focusing on the tie once again, my fingers starting to shake because his touch makes me completely nervous. it sort of puts me at ease, too.

"where'd you learn how to tie a tie?" jack raises an eyebrow, questioning me.

i shrug, "i just learned."

"you're quite talented." he tells me, making a blush creep onto my face.

"if you call tying a tie talent, then i should be on america's got talent, yeah?" i joke and he smiles.

finally. he never smiles at my jokes. he always thinks they're dumb and pointless.

"you're funny, too." he tells me and i forget about his stupid tie.

it just remains limp against his white linen shirt. his left hand is placed on my other hip and my hands go onto his broad shoulders. he blinks warily and lick his lips. he starts to lean in and that's when i begin to panic.

"what are you doing?" i blurt, sounding stupid because it's so obvious.

"kissing you..." jack murmurs.

"mr. gilinsky." alexa peeps her head in, causing me to take a step back away from jack and smooth down my skirt. "these are the wrong files."

"they are?" his eyebrows pull together in disappointment. "i'll get them, just give me a moment. kehlani was just helping me tie my tie." he informs.

he turns around for a second, quickly tying it and i make eye contact with her. disgust is drawn onto her face, causing me to be a little taken aback and she narrows her eyes at me. what's her problem?

"do you want your coffee, jack?" i ask, using his first name in front of the newbie.

jack's pov

after sending kehlani to get my coffee, i look around my desk for the right files, but they're nowhere to be found. at all.

"these are the right ones." alexa holds them up and i look up at her confused.

my eyes divert to her bust. i'm a male, what can i say? i like ass and boobs.

"then why..." i begin, but drift off.

"is she your assistant?" she raises an eyebrow, asking about kehlani. "she uses your first name."

"i know, i let her." i reply.

"how long do i have to keep calling you mr. gilinsky for?" she asks me, slowly walking towards me, settling the folders onto my desk.

"as long as we're in this building." i hold my hands out to halt her from walking any closer to me.

i'm having second thoughts about wanting to hookup with her. especially after i was about to kiss kehlani.

"oh, come on. i know why you hired me." alexa says, grabbing ahold of my tie and yanking me towards her.

"what are you-"

i'm cut off when her lips connect with mine. i put my hands behind me, fighting the urge to wrap them around her. it's an instinct. the longer she begins to assault me, the more i'm starting to like it.

a short gasp is heard and i pull away from the little make out session. i make eye contact with kehlani and the cup of hot coffee completely drops from her grasp.

"kehlani." i say, wiping the red lipstick off of my face.

she shakes her head, sprinting out of the door and this feels like déjà vu. now she's knows. she probably knows that i was playing her.

{vote, comment, share}

JEHLANI HAD A LIL MOMENT BUT AH SHIT