I

A/N: First off I'd like to give a special thank you to ayeitsnana for making the cover.

Listen while you read:
Lana Del Rey - Old Money
______________________________

Have you ever wondered at what point in your life did everything change? Where even in the most obscure moments of your life, instead of finding the light, the light found you.

It was another day. Another day of attempting to survive the treacherous hell they're all living in. The blazing sun beating down on the three as they crossed through the barren hills in what they assumed was Nevada. Neither of them had a map due to the last attack on their camp. The green eyed woman wiped the sweat from her thick eye brows with her palm as she held her Arctic Warfare rifle with both hands. The other two women were walking behind the dark haired girl who led the way in silence. The walk felt as though it was an eternity. The only sound was the wind and the blonde woman's Mossberg 500 shot gun bouncing back and fourth as it hung on its strap. The dark skinned woman kept her eyes peeled for any movement around them as she held her M4A1 assault rifle close. The stinging feeling of hot sand hitting their face made them cringe with every gush of wind.

Dinah lowered the white bandana covering her mouth, "Does any of this look like Nevada to you girls?" She asked as her soft brown eyes scanned the area aroud them.

Normani lowered her yellow bandana, "No, but we were at the borderline in northern California and started walking east. We should be in Nevada." Dinah sighed.

"Hey, Lo, do you see anything?" Dinah asked the woman up ahead.

Lauren looked through the scope on her rifle and walked back to the girls. She handed Dinah her rifle and pointed ahead. The Polynesian looked through the scope to see the Eiffel tower with the Cesar's palace behind. Dinah smiled and lowered the gun.

"We're in Vegas." Dinah said cocking her head the side, giving Normani the rifle to see for herself.

"Oh my gosh it looks beautiful." Normani said looking through the scope before giving it back to Lauren.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Dinah smiled as Lauren walked ahead once more.

Normani sighed as Dinah took out her canteen handing it to the dark skinned woman. She smiled appreciatively taking a drink.

"Lauren, you want some water?" Normani asked. Lauren simply wagged her finger and didn't turn around to either of them. Normani handed the canteen back to Dinah, "Thanks."

"You're welcome." Dinah smiled. "So after we clear out the hospitals here hopefully we'll get closer to finding a cure to all this."

"We will. Even if it kills us. We'll at least die trying." Normani said taking Dinah's hand in her own.

"We'll find the cure and we won't lose anyone." The youngest reassured looking at Normani as their eyes locked.

The moment was cut short once they heard Lauren cocking her rifle. The pair quickly grabbed their weapons and pointed them ahead. Suddenly Lauren's gun goes off and she runs ahead. Normani and Dinah share a worried look before following their green eyed friend, who bent down to pick something up. Once Dinah and Normani caught up with the raven haired woman they seen her pick up a squirrel.

"Awesome. Dinner." Normani sighed as she lowered her gun.

Dinah chuckled as she looked at Lauren who was tucking the dead squirrel into her bag, "Nice catch." They continued their long journey towards the deserted city.