[46]: A Little Touch In His Heart

When salted tears won't dry
I'll wipe my shirtsleeves
Under your eyes
These hearts will be flooded tonight
I'll wipe my shirtsleeves
Under your eyes

~Shirtsleeves | Ed Sheeran

[46]: A Little Touch In His Heart

THERE HAD BEEN TIMES WHEN I saw people cry-- Grace, when she once lost her expensive phone. Ethan, when his mother didn't buy him his favorite video game. Jasmine, when her grandmother died. Robert, when he was completely heartbroken. My relatives, when someone in our family died.

Different reasons, different times. And they had cried not just once, but a couple of times already and those tears meant the same things. Hurt. Sadness. Anger.

And that's why I hate it when I see people cry. Aside from seeing that someone is in pain, sometimes, there are these kinds of situations where I have no idea how to comfort a person. I've always had contemplated whether to tell that person to stop crying and just be strong or just let him or her have a good cry about it, to let it all out.

And right now was a perfect example of it.

Speechlessly, I just sat beside him and hugged his back.

For someone so tough, so strong, it would look strange to see them this way. But of course, they are human too. They hurt, they cry, they endure.

Seth suddenly sat up, breathed in and wiped his eyes. I removed my arms from him as he continued to lean back on the couch. "I can't believe this," he sighed.

"Marie is a strong person. I can see it. I'm sure she can handle things well in there," I said. He tried to give me a small smile and leaned towards me to hug me. He breathed in and then out deeply as he rested his chin on my head. "I hope they're doing fine."

In just the way he tightly hugs me, I could tell that he felt like he was crumbling down, the thought of her mother and sister miles and miles away from home without him was killing him.

"Its gonna be okay," I said softly. "Its gonna be okay."

***

After a quiet dinner, Seth helped me wash the dishes. He soaped the kitchenware while I rinsed the ones he had done. Suddenly, he put a soapy finger on my nose, leaving suds on them.

"Hey!" I said, cleaning it out. I looked at Seth who was smiling sheepishly and I smiled too. "We're not going to have a soap fight right now."

"I know," he said. "Seeing you so serious annoyed me."

I rolled my eyes as I finished rinsing all the utensils. After I dried my hands, Seth grabbed one of it and led me upstairs, me grabbing my bag and our phones during the process, and towards his room. Then we laid on his bed, our arms wrapped around each other.

We just stayed like that for a few minutes and then he asked, "What's the most expensive thing that you want?"

I suddenly looked up to him."What?"

"Think about it," he encouraged.

I tried to but nothing came up in my head.
Most expensive, most expensive... what was that thing that I wanted?

"I don't know, Seth," I said.

"Okay, what do you want?" he asked instead.

"Um, a pair of Roshes?" I said but it came out more like a question.

A small chuckle escaped him. "Yeah and we would wear the same design so we could do those relationship goals, huh?"

"Shut up."