Chapter 1

----- Edited -----
Authors note:
I wrote this years ago when I was much younger so no judgment please. Doing some editing but not changing the storyline.

Summer's POV:

"Summer! Summer, I KNOW that was you! You're paying for a new phone."
I laughed evilly and ran up the stairs, reached my attic stairs and started gasping for breath.

He's caught me. My brother Musa grabbed my foot and I screamed as I was dragged down the stairs. He put one foot on my stomach and growled in anger.

"You smashed my phone! My NEW phone!"
I smirked and pushed my hands under his foot with all my strength (which is a lot) causing him to fall over and bang his head.

"Take that, sucker!" I said running up the stairs and cackling.
I got out my own, unsmashed phone and began to text my best friend and best cousin, Aniqa.

Summer, I have exciting news! I'm coming over to your house RIGHT now!
I grinned, this mad woman has exciting news, eh?
Well, it better be good and worrh missing shows for because I've got Pretty Little Liars to catch up on.

Basically, I'm staying at yours -Aniqa
Good, we can have a PLL marathon! - Summer

I sat and looked around my room, waiting for Aniqa to come.
I already had a huge king size bed, purple and cream walls, bean bags, TV, laptop on the floor, books in the corner.
It was basic and very homely. I was a mega tomboy but every girl wants their room to look nice.

I heard pounding footsteps and Aniqa came flying through the door.

"Mum... Dad... Downstairs... Me... Engaged."
Engaged?
Engaged??
"ENGAGED!?"

She nodded and fell on my bed.
"When? You're only 19!" Aniqa caught her breath and sat up.

"I know, we're getting married in a year or 2, but I'm engaged! To Arif Sulman? Remember I told you!"
I gasped.
"I didn't think you were gonna go and get fricking engaged!
"I called him hot! How often do I do that? Right?" She said. I shook my head and laughed.

Aniqa had been crushing on him since 8th grade. She was slightly obsessed with him and I'm pretty sure he returned the favour. They are perfect for each other, Mashallah.

After 2 episodes of Pretty Little Liars and way too much ice-cream, Aniqa spoke up.
"Who do you have a crush on?" She said, licking her spoon. I laughed.
"No-one, I don't believe in love." She looked at me, confused at my morbid response.

"I mean, I do. But love, especially at this age, will only hurt. I don't want to fall in love, knowing I'll lose that person. Plus, I've never felt anything romantic towards a boy so I doubt I'm ever going to find love."
"Someone's getting a bit deep."
"Or maybe I'm a lesbian." I snorted back.
Aniqa threw a pillow my way, but seeing my annoyance, Aniqa turned the TV back on.

I hate crushes and my best friend was here engaged? How much more quickly could life pass us by?

First chapter! This is dedicated to the best writer and reader PopcornSweetcorn. Also, any covers would be greatly appreciated. Also, I now have 3 more inspirations for writing this, muslimah_07 XxSeekingGuidanceXx PopcornSweetcorn