Ch. One

Chapter One

"Get your skinny booty moving!! Be thankful that I only take night classes while you take day ones." My best friend Mai yells at me.

I instantly sat up and glare at her. She just ruined my dream with the one and only Christian Grey.

"You better be thankful that I love you and can't survive without you." I muttered getting out of bed.

"Of course you wouldn't. My aunt gave me this bakery to run while she's running three other ones in America somewhere." She sighed.

Mai's aunt, Beatrice. Owns four bakeries across the U.S. One here in Texas. The other in Seattle. And another one in Georgia. So she made Mai run this bakery because the school she goes to is twenty minutes away. Since I'm a year younger than Mai, she offered me a place to stay while I'm going to the same college as her. But I have to work at the bakery in the evening and night. While she works in the daytime.

After she walked out of my bedroom, I put on light denim shorts, with a drawing looking design of white flowers on the bottom of it. And a white flowy tank top. Then I put on white Jack Rogers and wore my hair like usual, in a ponytail. I've only wore it down three times last school year. I'm currently starting my sophomore year here at this college.

I grabbed my backpack and then my rose gold iPhone 6s. Then walk out of my bedroom.

I spot Mai sitting on the comfy chair in the living room.

"Would you like me to make you anything?" Mai asks while sipping on her coffee and reading a book.

"No I'm good, I think I'll grab something from the bakery downstairs." I say.

When I gripped on the doorknob, I looked at her and sighed.

"And please take your medication. I don't want to have a meltdown in class because I'll be too busy worrying about my childhood best friend." I explain.

She gives me a small smile.

"I will now go." She tells me.

I chuckle and get out the apartment and then walk down the stairs and walk towards the door that leads into the bakery shop.

Then I walk behind the counter of the bakery and grab a chocolate muffin and then go into the kitchen and turn on the light. While I start to make my detox water and pour it in a water bottle container thing.

The digital clock shows 8:20. Damn. I have to go soon. My class starts at 9:15 and I have to walk.

My car is currently in the shop. And I don't want to ask Mai if I can use hers because that's rude.

Once I made my water, I walk out of the kitchen and turned off the light and I see a box of macaroons next to the cash register. I then grabbed it and saw a note on it. It was from him.

Andrea,
I'm sorry. I know you love these so I got a box of twelve of them. Please think about me.
xoxo, C.A.

I scoffed and threw away the note but put the box of heaven in my backpack then walked out of the bakery, I made sure it was locked and then started to walk to school.