Colder Than Ice

I held myself tightly as the snow fell on the cold ground from under me. I watched Stefan and Damon hold up the coffin slowly up and carry it a few feet from the grave they dug up before setting it down again. "Well, this it? This the whole funeral party?" Damon asked sarcastically as he looked between Stefan, Valerie, Nora and I. "Where's your girlfriend?" He added looking and smirking at Nora who eyed him emotionlessly.

"Not your concern." Nora pointed out, looking away from him.

"Trouble in paradise?" Damon asked in amusement and I rolled my eyes.

"What about Julian? Where's he?" Stefan added and she scoffed.

"I haven't heard anything from either of them in days. I sided with Lily—Or did you forget?" Nora countered, tilting her head at Stefan in disgust.

"It's just us. Beau couldn't bring himself to say goodbye." Valerie answered finally, giving me a small smile, which I returned.

"I'm sure he just couldn't find the right words to say. Heh." Damon added laughing at his stupid joke before clapping his hands together. "Alright. Let's get her done." Damon nodded, about to pick up the coffin before Stefan cut in.

"Wait." Stefan sighed and Damon looked up at him with furrowed brows. "We should say something." He pointed out and I nodded my head in agreement.

"No, we shouldn't-" Damon started before I cut him off, clenching my jaw.

"Yes, we should." I argued through gritted teeth and he sighed, stepping away from the coffin as Nora stepped forward.

"When I was a girl, I loved my mother deeply. She loved me too—Until she found out about my little siphoning problem." Nora stated and I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "If she only knew that was one of the many things that made me different.. She turned her back on me—I thought I'd never find that kind of love again.. You proved me wrong." She whispered, smiling a bit at the coffin beneath her. "Thank you, Lily." Nora finished before walking away from the coffin and Valerie stepped forwards.

"Next." Damon said in annoyance, clearly uninterested.

"You knew me at my brightest and my darkest moments. No matter what my mood, you always saw the light in me.. I'll miss you, Lily." Valerie whispered before turning to Stefan with a small bouquet of flowers and he smiled at them.

"Cream violets." Stefan stated nodding down at them. "You remembered." He pointed out and she smiled.

"Of course I did." Valerie reassured before he accepted them, taking them from her.

"Thank you." Stef smiled and I rose my eyebrow as they stared at each other for a few moments in silence before she went and stood by Nora before sighing.

"Your turn?" Damon asked looking at me with expectancy and I slowly sighed, walking towards the coffin.

"Lily—You were an amazing mother." I stated looking towards Stefan and smiling as he nodded at me. "You have two amazing sons who get that from you." I added, looking back at Damon who just eyed me silently, not objecting. "I want to thank you for giving birth to the love of my life.. I-I don't know who I would be without him and I don't know why I adore him so much." I pointed out in somewhat disappointment and Damon looked a ay from me before I shook my head and looked down at the coffin. "I also want to thank you for reminding me of my mother these past few days... You'll be missed." I stated reassuringly, rubbing the coffin gently before looking up at Nora and Valerie who smiled approvingly.

"We'll give you three a moment." Valerie stated looking at the boys and I before they walked away and Damon turned towards Stefan.

"Ready to-" Damon started before Stefan cut him off.