Chapter 129.

(The songs for this chapter are Come on get higher- Matt Nathanson, Closer-Kings of Leon, Sex on Fire-Kings of Leon, You and me-Lifehouse, John Mayer- Assassin, John Mayer- Edge of desire. A strange combination of songs but it works for me hah)

The plate of cookies are demolished within the first ten minutes of the movie and I have to admit I am proud of my newly acquired baking skills. Anne praises me and Hardin eats over half of the batch, which is a praise itself.

"Is it bad that these cookies are my favorite thing about America so far?" Anne laughs as she takes the last bite.

"Yes, very sad." Hardin teases her and I giggle.

"You may have to make these everyday until I leave." She informs me.

"Sounds good to me." I smile and lean into Hardin.

One of his arms snakes behind me at my waist and I fold my legs up so I can move even closer to him.

Anne falls asleep towards the end of the movie and Hardin turns the volume down on the remote so we can finish the movie without waking her.

I am a sobbing mess by the end and Hardin doesn't try to hide his humor at my despair.  That was one of the saddest movies I have seen in my entire life, I have no idea how Anne fell asleep.

"That was terrible, amazing but terribly sad." I sob.

"Blame my mum, I requested a comedy yet somehow we ended up with The Green Mile, I warned you." He says and moves his arm to my shoulder, pulling me closer and placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"We should have watched a comedy." I whine and wipe my nose with my hand.

"We can turn on Friends when we get to the room to get your mind off of him dy.."

"Hardin! Don't remind me!" I groan and he chuckles before standing up off of the couch and pulling me by the arm to join him.

When we get to the room Hardin switches the lamp on and then the television. I watch him lock the door and my insides quiver.

Hardin's POV.

"I'm going to change." She tells me and swipes a tissue across the nose.

Her eyes are red from her breakdown during the movie. I knew it would upset her and I have to admit that I was looking forward to her reaction. Not because I want her to be upset, but because I love how emotionally invested she becomes in things. She opens herself so fully to these fictional forces, whether a movie or a novel, she allows them to pull her in and it's so captivating to watch.

She emerges from the closet in only shorts and her white lace bra. Holy shit. I don't even try to be subtle with my gaping.

"Do you think you could wear .. you know my shirt?" I ask her.

I am not sure how she will feel about that but I miss her wearing my shirts to bed.

"I would love to." She smiles and pulls my used shirt off the top of the clothes hamper.

"Good." I state, trying not to seem too excited.

I watch the way her breasts spill out of the top of the lace as she lifts her arms into the air. Stop staring. Slow, she wants to go slow. I can go slow.. slowly .. in and out of her. Jesus what the fuck is wrong with me? Just when I consider looking away she reaches under her shirt and pulls her bra through one of the loose sleeves and places it in the hamper behind her.. Christ.

"Something wrong?" She asks and climbs onto the bed.

"No." I gulp and watch in awe as she pulls her hair out of the ponytail it was in. It falls down onto her shoulders in a beautiful blonde wave and she shakes her head slowly. She has to be doing this on purpose.