Chapter 35: The Moment

I am gonna die right now. Can the floor just eat me? Rafael is standing in front of us the moment the elevator door opened, at the exact moment when Mike and I are laughing and looking at each other.

Rafael is standing near his desk as I sat down on the near chair with Mike standing like he is readying himself to be killed by his boss. To be honest, no one has bother to speak a single word since we entered his office, all the word that is producing in the room are my feet, tapping on the floor and the silence is already deafening me for 10 minutes!

"Boss,~"

"~You're fired, Mike!"

"What?!" I jumped up from my seat at his sudden decision. "You can't be serious!"

"You hiding things from me and leaving behind my back, yeah. I'm dead serious, Isabelle." Oh, he called me by my whole name. This is not good.

"If the boss wishes to then I will leave" Mike lowered his head and about to leave but I stopped him.

"No! Rafael, this not Mike's fault. It's all mine so don't be angry at him, put them all on me." I explained. "Don't fire him because all he did was help me. I asked him to hide this from you so please put all the blame on me!"

"Madam..."

Rafael eyed me suspiciously then ran his hands through his face and groaned "What the fuck good into your head, Belle? Are you crazy? And do you really thing you can hide things from me?"

"I'm sorry, alright? I'm sorry for hiding this from you but please, just don't be angry at Mike. He only did what I asked him to do" I continued to beg him.

"Fuck, like that is gonna stop me from being mad because I am damn mad right now!" he hissed, slamming his fist on the desk causing the figurines on the edge to fall into scatter on the ground. "Leave, Mike. Don't show your face to be until I call you. I'm not done with you yet."

Shit, what trouble did I caused.

Mike bowed his head before turning to leave the office. I mouthed him sorry before the elevator doors closed. Now, it's only me and Rafael. How amazing, that is.

Rafael faced the huge glass window with his back against me. I know he is mad but that doesn't mean that I don't have the right to explain myself.

"Where did you and Mike went to? Is this place that secretive that you told my assistant rather than tell me about it?" His voice holds something dark in there. I know he is totally not happy with that.

"You don't have to know."

"Damn it, Belle. You're my wife and I deserve to know where you are and what are you doing when I'm around. And that is so clever of you two to sneak out while I'm in a meeting."

"Wife? Do you call me a wife now that I know you are hiding something from me too, right?"

"What? What are you trying to say? I don't follow"
"You are gonna meet up with little miss Marissa again, aren't you?"

His eyebrows touched "Why is even Marissa involved in this? Did she attack you or something?"

"No."

"Then why did she even got involve here?"

"Maybe because you involved her here" I shrugged my shoulders, playing along.

"Who is feeding you up with these lies? I will surely gonna kill him." He hissed, and ran his fingers through his hair. "Marissa has nothing to do with this"

Yeah right. Like I believe that lie.

I scoffed and crossed my arms but still, I am angry too and I'm still not letting what happened earlier passed. "How could you fire Mike just like that? Are you really that cold hearted that you will just throw away the loyalty he has given to you for so long, huh? Are you really that evil?"