Chapter 43

This is dedicated to my mom; Happy Mother's day to the best mom I could ever ask for. I know I don't show it and I know I'm not the best daughter. I snap at you when I'm tired and I must've been a dead weight to you when I was a kid but I know you never stopped loving me and I love you back for that.

To all of you mothers out there who's kids are still too young to give you a mother's day card or thanking you for taking care and loving them, this one's on me. I hope you mothers are being showered with love today, you guys deserve it 😊

•~•~•

I looked left and right among the small groups of people, trying to find a certain blonde but after a minute of searching and coming up short, I rounded the school to the parking lot and searched for the pink car.

"Case!" I turned and saw Penelope jogging towards me with a huge grin on her face. I thought that she was going to stop jogging once she was nearer but it was just my luck that she just increased her jog into a sprint. I didn't have enough time to brace myself and almost went sprawling onto the rough pavement if it wasn't for Penelope holding onto me.

She flushed when she lets go of me from the hug she gave me, seeming sheepish of how she reacted at the sight of me and I gave her a small smile. She was definitely something.

"I'm sorry. I was just so happy and excited that you finally gave me a chance to prove myself to you. God, I won't let you down! I promise you," she gushed and she sounded so determined that for a minute there, she had me fearing the life of anyone that was in her way.

"I know you won't but I have to warn you, Penny, who I am, my secrets and my past are not the best things you would see or know. I don't carry the lightest baggage," I told her grimly but raised my gaze when she took my hand and gripped it tightly in hers.

"I don't care. You saved my life, if that's not enough reason to stick by you then I don't know what is." Her eyes glittered with how fierce her words are and I managed a chuckle.

She just won't give up.

She looked confused but I shook my head and took her hand to get her walking with me into the school.

We got to the lockers and I took my books out, shoving them in my backpack. Out of nowhere, Adam popped up and leaned on the locker next to mine, grinning from ear to ear causing me to cast him a questioning look.

"Meet me at the parking lot on your free period."

While other girls would probably be curious on what he was planning, I felt more violated than suspicious.

"Adam..." I trailed off, trying to word my question carefully. "How do you know my schedule?"

He shrugged nonchalantly, "I might have taken a quick peep into your bag."

I could feel my eyes narrowing into slits, "You did what?!" I flicked his forehead. What if I hadn't hid my feminine necessities in there?! That idiot!

I glared at him while he rubbed the spot on his forehead gently.

"The point is, meet me in your free period," he stated before walking away and I continued to glare at his retreating back. The nerve of this guy...

I turned to Penelope who was staring wide eyed between Adam and I, seeming shocked about the conversation that we just had. She looked like she was about to say something but has something stuck in her throat, resulting in her silently pointing between Adam and I, open mouthed.

I waved it off, "It's nothing."

"Well, it doesn't seem like nothing!" She proclaimed and I raised my eyebrow.