20

edited chapter

edited chapter

Chapter 20: Problematic

{K. M}

      Klaus barged into Dakota's hotel and gathered up her clothes off the bed and placed them haphazardly in her traveling bag. "Gloria's gone, she cleared out. We need to find a new witch immediately."

Dakota sat on the stiff mattress, staring blankly ahead. "I need to tell you something, it's important."

He stopped for a second, taking in her eyes that were slightly puffy and rimmed with red. "What's going on?"

Dakota shook her head. "Elena's not dead. Before I left with you I helped Elijah give her an elixir to keep her alive after you performed the ritual. She's not dead, which is why your hybrids aren't turning."

"You knew entire time and you tell me now, why?"

"I don't feel like lying to you anymore, the second they showed me that Shawn was still alive, I lost all desire to help keep Elena safe. It's not my responsibility anymore." Dakota picked at the fabric in the sheets. "What could I possibly loose?"

Klaus examined the woman before him, regretting what he had to do before he even did it. "A lot, actually." He sped over and snapped her neck, catching her body before she fell on the ground. He lifted her body, carrying out to the car.

"Where are we going?" Rebekah complains. "What happened to her?"

"Time to return to Mystic Falls, little sister. I need a witch and I know just the one to use."

Dakota woke with a loud gasp. "About time. Nik was growing worried that you would never wake up." Rebekah crossed her arms over her chest.

"I purposefully neglected to tell Klaus why his hybrids weren't turning, and in return he was worried that I wouldn't wake up?" The brunette wondered aloud, confusion clear in her tone.

The original vampire rolled her blue eyes. "Wether you realize it or not, my egotistical, ass of a brother loves you. He'd always worry about you no matter what you did because he is in love with you."

Dakota stood there staring into Rebekah's eyes trying to comprehend the words that had just fallen from her lips. "Where is he?"

"My brother is out looking for that cow of a doppelgänger. Maybe this time she'll stay dead."

As the blonde talked, Dakota realized why they were in Mystic Falls in the first place, and it wasn't to kill Elena,he's going to get another witch. "He's going to use Bonnie," Dakota realized, standing up quickly. "For the spell, he's going to use Bonnie to find the necklace."