chapter 1

(Y/n) pov

Running and running from a creature I can never see. In a world that seems to look like death was the only way to be free. I was running away from something but I couldn't see what I was running away from. All I could see were red eyes and instead of white around it was yellow. Yet those eyes remind me of something very important when I was younger but what?

I woke up and looked at my clock I had an hour before I had to get ready for school. My name is (L/n) (Y/n) I live with a family friend the Yagami family. My mother died in action when taking down a gang when I was only five at the time but that was a long time ago. She left everything to me but of course, I was underage at the time and my godfather was Soichiro Yagami. They adopted me and I became part of the Yagami family but kept my surreal name with me.

"Why does that dream keep coming to me." Getting I go and change into black skinny jeans and (f/c) shirt and a leather jacket with fingerless gloves and my ankle boots. I didn't feel like wearing a skirt or more colorful clothes today since my mother's death is coming up again. I grabbed my massager bag and went down to eat. Sayu was there eating and so was Light and Mrs. Yagami.

"Well you're up late, did you have that dream again?" Sayu asked I just grab some cereal and began to eat.

"Leave her alone Sayu it could be some kind of memory for her to know only. Anyway (Y/n) is there anything you want for dinner tonight."

"Not really your home cooking is always delicious I can't decide so just surprise me like every day. I got to go I have to get some books from the store today before school starts." I finished my meal and putting in the sink.

"I'll come with you. After all, we almost have all our classes together." Light said as put his dishes in the sink. We put our shoes on and left for school. I had to get some books for class on a report for creative writing class so I had to get some information about the supposed creature I had chosen. We got to the bookstore I notice something different about Light. By the looks of it, he has something he's hiding from everyone.

Grabbing my books and paying for them I could have sworn I saw a larger image near Light. The next thing I knew he was all alone and nothing near him, but one thing was for sure I saw those eyes from my dreams.

"Let's get to class (Y/n) before we're late don't want you to fail for tardiness."

"You should be talking the way you get girls left and right whenever you walk. Not to sound judgemental but it's annoying. They come at me saying to stay away from you when your just my older brother even though we're the same age."

"Well sorry, but who could blame them your beautiful both in and out." He said as we approach the school we received many stares from everyone. All the girls seem to be glaring at me the most but I just ignore it for now.

"I see you later Light I have to get to class later." I run off and went into one of my professors since this class is my favorite of all. It's a good thing Light didn't choose this class as an elective for college. It's been only one week and I get excited about what we write about what we think about.

Time Skip afternoon

I was going to eat until Light found me he seriously is annoying today. Most of the time he just wants me to be by his side at all times. Yet I get the feeling to run away from him because the Light I grew up with was never like this. He would make sure I was safe from others but this Light acts as if he owns me.

"Hey, I thought we were going to eat together." He said.

"I was walking around to find you inside but guess I was wrong. Who's your friend?" I asked and saw a raven-haired man behind him. He was pale and his eyes were dark that it looked like he could see right into your soul. He had a baggy white shirt and baggy blue jeans and sneakers on.

"Oh, this is Ryuuzaki remember the guy that was at the open ceremony with us."

"Oh yeah, nice to meet you Ryuuzaki."

"It's nice to meet Light's girlfriend at long last you seem like the type of girl he likes." He said as seem to get a bit irritated about jumping to that conclusion.

"I'm not his girlfriend I'm his sister."

"Oh sorry, he seems to be fawning over you so I thought you were a couple."

"No, his family adopted me when I lost my mother so we grew up as brother and sister."

L pov

So this is the great (Y/n) that Light talks about a lot. Well, she is a pretty girl and the way she gets to the point of things is interesting. Yet she looked like she was avoiding Light, could she not trust him or is she figuring that Light hiding something?

"So miss?"

"(L/n)"

"Miss (L/n) how about I pay for lunch for getting the wrong impression."

"Don't worry Ryuuzaki most people think that way I've gotten used to it." She said as she smiled. Well she is more understanding than Light is but I can't cross her out I already suspect Light as Kira and I think she has a clue of what may cause this.

"No, I insist and maybe we could be friends after this whole misunderstanding," I said as led her to the cafe that looked like it had a lot of sweets.

"If you insist Ryuuzaki." She said as she followed me along with a jealous Light.

Light pov

How dare he just take her away from me. I will not stand for this just wait Ryuuzaki I will kill you. I just have to find your real name and then I can kill you and have (Y/n) all to myself. After all, I have a God of death on my side.