Prologue

~~Please note, I do not own the cover picture. Also, don't plagiarize. Thanks.~~

"We've got a problem." She said. "Jupiter is rebelling more than ever. They've bombed Earth and Venus, almost destroying them completely." She pressed a button on her ear piece and listened for a moment. She then spoke into it, "Yes, evacuate them at all costs. We want as many as possible out alive."

Officer Lindsey turned back to him and said, "Contact the scientists and tell them we need to work on making Uranus habitable. With around two thousand people per planet and only about 10% of each planet actually in livable conditions, we need another planet open. Once Earth and Venus are evacuated, we'll only have three planets." A look appeared in her eyes that he had never seen before. "Uranus is our only hope."

He gave what he hoped was a reassuring smile and said, "Don't worry, I'll contact the scientists at once and we'll get this whole thing under control."

"Carter, I just don't know what we're going to do. Jupiter is only getting stronger." He pulled the twenty-something officer into his arms. She had a lot of responsibility thrown on her at a young age and it showed. She had an old soul in many ways, and was more mature than most 40 year old officers.

"Don't you worry." He told her. "We're going to figure this thing out together, you and me."

Out loud he was reassuring, but inside, he couldn't help feeling that the end was near. The end of everything they had worked so hard to build. The end of the five planets, soon to be three unless they got Uranus. The end of the human race. The end of life as they knew it.

The end.