Chapter 10

Danny's P.O.V.

I leaned against the brick wall and tried catching my breath.

I would have never imagined something like this to ever happen to me. If you would be telling me I would be travelling back in time, falling into a pirate captain's arms - literally, be captured and escape into a town I have no clue of its known origin: I would have sent you to an asylum - no jokes.

'Crash.'

I whirled around, my breath catching in my throat.

My heart stopped for a moment as I gazed around the alleyway in search for what had caused the noise.

The alley was revoltingly dirty with moss growing on the ground and moulded food lying about. There were papers scattered around in shreds.

A pile of garbage ruffled, pulling my attention towards it. Moving cautiously forwards, my mind started reeling at the possibility of it being one of Rodgers men.

A cat leaped out of the pile, giving me a proper scare.

I laughed out loud when I realized I had been freaking out over a silly little cat. Clearly my paranoia had been on haywire lately.

A door to my right crashed open and a man came flying out. A beer bottle soon joined and it smashed into the wall near my head. I gave a loud yelp and ducked. The glass shattered all over me. My foot slipped out from under me on the dirty moss ground. My hands reached out instinctively to catch myself. A piece of glass pierced into the soft skin of the same hand I had cut earlier and I hissed in pain.

Holding my hand protectively close to my body, I looked up and noticed a woman leaning against the threshold of the door.

The woman looked around her mid-forties, but her complexion was still young and clean. She was blessed with a voluptuous figure and knew how to dress to complement her figure. She was wearing a colourful skirt with bangles hanging from her arms. She had a furious look on her face, clearly not pleased with something.

"I thought I told you to never come back you pompous man!" the woman shouted angrily.

"Ah, come on baby, I thought you loved Me." the man reasoned, slurring his words and clearly drunk.

"Oh please, don't try that with me again. Now get out of here before I call Sheriff Rottingham"

I scrunched up my nose at the thought of someone having the surname Rottingham. It made me think of a big old, fat man eating ham day in and day out.

"Blah." said the drunk man, waving her off and stumbling out of the alleyway.

Shaking her head she turned to re-enter the building when she finally noticed me. She blinked in surprise.

"Hello." She simply said.

I slowly stood up, keeping my bleeding hand close to my body.

"Hi." I replied back cautiously.

She just kept staring at me dumbly. The woman looked in some kind of daze.

I jumped back when she suddenly snapped her fingers, seeming to have slipped out of her thoughts, and cried out excitedly, "Oh goodness, where are my manners! My name is Dariela Broesh and who might you be, hmm?"

"Uh... Dan-dann-danela," I cleared my throat before trying again, "Danielle."

"Oh darling, you are just too cute!" she gushed, snapping her fingers once more.

This woman is quite odd if you ask me and what's with all the snapping fingers?

"Well, if I may ask, what on earth are you doing here in this old smelly alleyway?"