Chapter 8.

Camila's POV

"What the hell, Camila?"

Not bothering to acknowledge the upset voice on the other side of the room as I burst through the wooden door, I quickly walk over towards my bed and place the book in between both Ally and Normani; the only girls I was planning to talk to anyways.

"What's this?" Normani removes her glasses, placing them over the stack of homework in front of her as I begin to flip through the pages.

"Valuable information."

"What kind of valuable information?" Ally leans in a bit, eyeing the large book carefully before glancing back at me.

I grab the pen in between both bank pages and grin, remembering my previous discovery after I had left the library with the book.

I had remembered something Professor Dumbledore told me about the day of my birthday. He had given me this journal I could write on whenever I was upset about something. Somehow, whatever I wrote in the small journal, it would appear in Dumbledore's journal as well.

This was the exact same thing. I had been writing to Lauren this whole time on my way to the dorm. I had thought on the way,

'Maybe this is the book she's always writing to in hopes of someone finding it.'

"This journal." I open it, "It belongs to Lauren."

"Wait, what?"

Both girls stare at me in shock, jaws agape and eyes wide like they couldn't believe what had just escaped my lips. Even from across the room, I could hear Dinah's muffled gasp but I don't dare to turn around.

"Yeah." I give them a shy smile, "It's hers. Well technically, she owns the other half of this journal, which means that whatever I write on it, will appear on her journal. And whatever she writes in her journal, appears in mine."

The room remains quiet for almost a minute, and I begin to shift under all eyes. They were all lost for words but I couldn't find any other way to explain it to them, either.

I glance up at both Ally and Mani who seem to be staring at the journal in complete horror, both girls completely and utterly lost for any words or just not being able to do anything but stare at it.

"It's not as bad as it sounds." I say quietly, "I just need to prove to you guys that she's not dangerous or evil like everyone says."

"Camila," Normani sighs.

"No, no." I shake my head, "Just look-.. write a greeting or something and she'll write back. She's been dying to meet you all."

That only seems to scare all three girls, "You told her about us!"

"Yeah," I say softly, "Please talk to her, she was so happy to meet you all and I was equally as happy to be able to show you guys that I'm not crazy. She's a beautiful person."

Ally gives me a sympathetic look but she seems too afraid to take a single glance at the book. She shakes her head, scooting away from the journal, "I can't do it, Camila."

Normani nods as well, the look of horror still present by the look in her dark eyes. She swallows hard, "I'm sorry."

I watch both girls scoot away from the journal and I sigh, nodding softly in understanding. I shut the journal closed, slowly standing from the quiet bed and swinging my bag over my shoulder.

There was nothing else I could do. Both your only other friends can't do it and Dinah sure as hell won't even take a small glance at you. You couldn't do anything else even if you wanted to.