Chapter Seven

“  I’m  going to be a grandmother. My baby is pregnant. Everyone is going to be so happy. “ Francesca heard her mother cry from the other side of the phone.

“Mom! Mom! It’s a possibility. It’s not official yet.” She shook her head in disbelief at her mother’s reaction she could just imagine her mother jumping up and down hysterically with joy. Your grandmother had a dream about fish the other night, and that means some is pregnant. You know her dreams always come true. Remember when she had a fish dream last year? Shelia found out she was having little Louie. Your pregnant I guarantee it I’m so excited. What if it’s a girl Fran?…Oh what if it’s a boy?…Oh Oh what if you’re having twins like Jessica? “

“I’m becoming nauseas just thinking about it.”

“Did you say your nauseas ohooo?  Crackers and ginger ale baby, you’re  going to have that feeling for the first couple months.  Our big problem is your father. He’s going to want Angelo’s head on a platter. Don’t worry though I’ll handle Sal.”

“Mom I have to go. Ok love you.” This was just too much to handle.

“Ok honey you get some rest  ...I’ll call later.”

”Mom let me and Angelo tell the family this is our surprise to share…ok?”

“You really know how to ruin my joy, Francesca, let me tell momma at least.”

“No one mother, not a soul…lock your lips and throw away the key. Swear it mother!.”

“ I lock my lips and throw away the key, I swear.” Gianna smiled on the other side of the line she had her fingers cross.

Francesca hung up the phone and walk over to the table that a bottle of  Pinot that sat chilling she pulled it out and popped the cork not bothering with a glass she took a swig straight from the bottle.  The whole family would know within the hour, her mother could not keep a secret to save her soul.

Binochi House

Cella slammed the door behind her . She had just gotten off the phone with Gianna after her lunch with the children. She  had wanted her to know what was going on first hand. To her surprise Gianna was happy with the thought of becoming a grandparent as she was also. She just
 hadn’t told her about her sons refusal to wed Francesca. It was no need to start a feud.  This situation had not been in the plan. She just wanted to make sure Angelo did what was right.  . Taking off her heels she walked on through to the den where Vinny would be watching tv.  She need to vent.. “ VINCENZO WE HAVE A PROBLEM.” She yelled. Watching him lie on the couch,his lids at half mass. He was tuned into his favorite old  show the Rifle Man and totally ignoring her. Walking in front of the TV she blocked his view. “What now Cella?” He looked up at her.

“Your son is a disgrace to this family.”

“What has Angelo done now Cella?” Vinny watched Cella pace back and forth in front of the television happy that he had taped the program that she had interrupted.

“ Francesca  pregnant.”

“What?” Vinny asked sitting up.

“He’s gotten Francesca pregnant.”

Vinny began to laugh . His wife was absolutely losing her mind. He stood hugging his wife. “ This is the girl he just met a day or so ago right?”

Cella looked up at husband. “That doesn’t mean that the girl can’t get pregnant and have a baby.”

“Cella, Angelo is not having any kids. He is to wrapped in himself to be that careless.”

“Whatever Vinny, this girl has Angelo’s nose wide open. Mark my words.”