"swimming in jeans"

i'll post the rest of the character ask questions after this so refresh your libraries when you're done reading ;D ty

oh and this isnt edited so if it isn't too much to ask pls point out typos thanksss and enjoy x

29 | "swimming in jeans"

"Ashton, hey!" It takes me less than a minute to near the hazel haired boy, and as soon as I do, I wrap my arms around his waist and flatten my cheek against his chest; smiling. "I'm glad you could make it."

"It's not like I had anything better to do." His shirt is warm and soft underneath me, and leaning forward, he drapes his arm around my neck and squeezes my bare shoulder, before chuckling quietly, "Sweet house."

Aware that I'm still practically topless, I reluctantly break away from him and watch as he nods appreciatively in the direction of it. Shrugging, I say, "It came with my mom's engagement."

"Not bad," then he nods and points his thumb over his shoulder, "So you remember Michael and his girl, Taylor?"

"Hey," I nod, laughing. "I only just saw them last night."

Michael nods back at me in acknowledgement, and shifts his weight onto his left foot before reaching up and adjusting the backwards snap back on his head.

He's wearing this sleeveless black and red shirt, and for the first time since I've known him, I notice that he has tattoos on his arm. There's three detailed jet black bands with another sort of intricate symbol between them, and surprisingly against his pale skin they make him look impossibly more bad ass. Well, I mean, if only it were easier for me to look past the fact that he was holding a giant, green inflatable pool ring.

I stifle my smile, "Came prepared?"

He nods, "Something like that. So what's up, Annie? We just gonna stand around staring at each other or what?"

And even though Michael makes me quite nervous, with his devious looks and his bad attitude, I can't help but quip back, "Or what."

Lips quirk up in a smirk, and he shakes his head before slipping a finger in Taylor's belt loop and pulling her towards him, "Like he said, you already know me and Taylor..."

Taylor smiles at me, and I have to admit that although she looks really cute in a pair of loose fitting jeans, white high tops and large, heart rimmed sunglasses, she looks out of place besides him.

"Yeah, but who's this?" I pointedly turn to the other girl, who to my surprise is busying herself by carelessly pouring out what's left of a can of grape soda out onto my lawn. I blink, trying not to get annoyed, "Um, hey! Excuse me, I could throw that out for you."

She sighs, disinterested, "I'm not disabled, I'm sure I can manage." Then without taking her eyes off of me she completely tilts the can over and lets the rest of it stream out onto the ground.

When she's done, she holds it out to me; smiling, "All finished."

And just like that, I'm pissed. I have to stop myself from grabbing Michael's floaty and thwacking her upside her head with it. "Wow, really? Are you sure? I mean, you got this far. Why don't you just throw the damn can in the grass while you're at it?" I scoff.