Chapter Eleven

Angelo walked up into the  kitchen, where his mother stood over the stove stirring a pot. Walking up quietly behind her he kissed her on the cheek.  Angelo laughed as his mother jumped up with a scream.  Turning he felt the light touch of the dish towel as she smacked him with it. “Hi momma,”

“Angelo  why would you do such a thing? Scaring me half to death.”   Angleo watch as she  his mother gave him  a shake of her finger and turned back to stove where he watched as she add,  garlic and mushrooms to a hot skillet. “This is a pleasant surprise dinner will be ready soon your father is down in the cave deciding on a bottle of wine.”

“ I’m not staying for dinner tonight.  I just wanted to know if I could bring a friend for dinner on Sunday?”

 Cella turned down the gas on the stove as she turned to look at her son. “ OMG your bringing a girl home to meet us. “  Angelo gave a little shrug.  Not certain about how his mother was going to respond when he told her who was coming to dinner.

“This is so exciting, I can’t wait to tell Vinny…  VINNY !”  Angelo listed as his mother yelled for his father.  “What’s her name?.”

Angelo paused knowing his mother was about to hit the roof when her told her. “Francesca.”

“That woman is not welcome in my house. That baby killer. The spawn of her evil mother”  He winced as she yelled profanities in Italian.

“Ma there was never a baby.” Angelo looked down at his little mother and knew from the look she gave him  that she was shocked.

“Ma, I told her to say she was pregnant .”Angelo watched his mother sit at the island in confusion.  “Angelo, what are you saying?”

“I told Francesca to say she was pregnant because I was  mad at you for trying to control my life. She was never pregnant.” Angelo watch as his mother rest her head on her hands as if in prayer.

“Angelo I wish I could beat your ass and send you to your room.”   Angelo hate seeing the disappointed look on his mother’s and knowing that he put it there made him feel worst.. 

 “ How could do such a thing? We raised you better than that. ”

“Ma I”m sorry.”

“ And to think you pulled that poor innocent girl into your lie and  then you break up with her.”

“No mom she broke up with me “

“DO you  blame her?  Look at  how you used her in  your evil plot.

“Mom she broke up with me because I was really trying to get her pregnant.” The look of surprise on his mothet almost made him break out in laughter.

“Angelo you’re confusing me.You got her to lie about being pregnant then you try to get her pregnant.”  Cella threw her hands up in exasperation.