CHAPTER 17

sorry for not being able to update sooner. here is a new chapter.

a whole load of thanks to those who have added my book to their reading list.

enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment. 

*edited*

********************

They all decided to go to Annabelle's house because the things they were going to discuss were private and with a social status like the one Zander had. Well they wouldn't want the press catching wind of what really happened to cause Cara's disappearance. They arrived and found Cara's dad waiting for them.

"I'm so sorry that we kept you waiting, it took us longer to leave the hospital, we met a few surprise guests on our way out," Annabelle said giving Zander a glare.

"It's alright, I can see why you were late, plus I arrived earlier than I had originally expected," Paul said stepping aside so that they could open the door. Cara walked in with the babies in their car seats.

"Wow, this place is cozy!" Isabella said smiling as she looked around. Anna took the children from Cara and took them to the nursery, while everyone else sat down and made themselves comfortable.

"Does anyone want something to drink?" Annabelle asked as she walked back into the room.

"No, let's just cut to the chase and talk about what is really important right now," Alonso said with his usual authoritative tone.

"Yeah, you are right," Isabelle said before turning to Cara, "why did you run off the way you did? You left without giving us any explanation as to your reason for practically falling of the face of the earth."

"You didn't tell them why I left?" Cara said looking at Zander.

"Not really, I just told them about your pregnancy," Zander answered without meeting her gaze.

"Well I decided to leave because I caught Zander cheating on me with is secretary," Cara said looking at her hands.

"WHAT?!" Zander's parents and sister exclaimed, making Cara's head snap up.

"Are you sure?" Elisabeth asked looked dubiously at her, making cara angry.

"Of course am sure," Cara said looking angry, "Do you think I would just up and leave knowing what was at stake?"

"No, it's just that I have never heard anyone accuse Zander of cheating before. And what do you mean at stake?" Elisabeth said, "plus women throw themselves at Zander every day, so maybe you just misinterpreted the whole thing?" she ended the last part as a question.

"I know what I saw, okay, and I also know that women throw themselves at him every day, I mean why wouldn't hey? My husband is, for one handsome and second and most importantly rich, so obviously women will want him, but what I saw that day Elisabeth, that was not some woman throwing herself at him," Cara said with so much anger, that she didn't notice she unconsciously referred to Zander as her husband, she had never before that day fully accepted him as her husband

Zander would have smirked at how she described him if it wasn't for the seriousness of the situation and how angry Cara looked, but despite it he smiled that she referred to him as her husband.

"She did throw herself at me, she had it all planned, but I did push her away Cara, I didn't want her," Zander said softly.

"I stood at that spot for almost five minutes Zander, so don't tell me that you didn't want her!! You were so busy playing how deep can my tongue go that you didn't even hear the door open. F*CK!!! You even had a hard-on" that was the one thing that had proved to her that he had wanted the other woman, " so don't b*llsh*t me telling me that you didn't f*cking want her," she said as tears started flowing again. Her father hugged her trying to console her.

"I won't deny that I kissed her back, but I did push her away, or that I got hard but it had been months since I last had sex," Zander tried to explain but that just made matters worse.

"You are saying that because I didn't have sex with you, you went to another woman?" Cara lifted her head from her father's chest looking at him incredulously, "I didn't know you, we decided to take it slow, remember?"

"Well that didn't seem like a problem the first time," Zander mumbled to himself thinking that nobody heard but Cara heard him loud and clear.

"Wow Zander, that was low man, below the belt kind of low," Zack said to him snap his eyes to Cara who was staring at him with so much hurt and pain in her eyes.

"Fuck, I didn't mean to say that," he said jumping to his feet rushing towards Cara who was already on her feet heading out of the room.

"Don't you dare touch me," she said softly and walked out heading to the babies nursery blindly.

"Damn it!!!" Zander said punching the wall beside him, why did I have to go and say that?

"You really messed up there Zander, but I won't fail to meet my grandchildren because you decided to be a blubber mouth," Alonso said looking at his son with disappointed eyes; this time round he had messed up and it wasn't because Alonso had set the bar too high. He got up followed by his wife who couldn't even bare to meet her son's eye.

"Why would you go and say that" Elisabeth asked him, " I thought you told me you guys cleared that up when you were on your honeymoon?"

"We did, I don't know why I said that! Okay? I don't know!!" Zander said leaving the room and heading towards the direction his parents had taken, he wanted to at least meet his kids even of he had screwed up.

"What are you doing here?" Cara asked him as he walked into the room.

"I want to meet the kids, please Cara."

"No!" she said and turned her back to him looking at the happy grandparents; this was the first time she had ever seen Alonso smile genuinely.

"Can you at least tell me their names?" Zander told her desperately.

"No! you will know everything about this kids when you decide to stop acting like a jerk! Now leave and come back when you decided to be a man and not some ass...." She trailed off because she didn't want to cuss in front of the kid even if they wouldn't understand.

Zander's eyes turned from pleading to the coldness she knew when she first met him but she stood her ground.

"You are going to regret this!" Zander said and walked away.

********************

hope you enjoyed it. once again sorry for not being able to apologize sooner.